Are you have trouble using Push-To-Talk on Discord while playing a game? You’re not alone. This post will help you solve the Discord Push-To-Talk (PTT) not working problem.
Try these fixes:
- Run as administrator
- Reset your Discord settings and check your KeyBind Set
- Update your audio driver
- Uninstall newly installed programs
Fix 1: Run as administrator
If your game is running in administrator mode, the push-to-talk keys would not be captured unless Discord was also set to administrator mode.
- Quit Discord.
- Right-click on Discord shortcut and click Run as administrator.
If you didn’t run your game as administrator, you can check other fixes.
Fix 2: Reset your Discord settings and check your KeyBind Set
If you’ve changed your Discord settings and have this problem, you need to bring it back to normal.
- In the Discord, click the Setting button on the bottom.
- ClickVoice & Video tab and click Keybind Settings. Make sure push-to-talk and push-to-mute aren’t bound under the same key.
- Make sure your headset is set as the default input/output device in both Discord and your PC.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Voice Settings.
Fix 3: Update your audio driver
For this issue, when your audio driver is not updated your mic may go wrong and result in Discord PTT not working problem. It is very important to update your drivers regularly. Usually, we depend on Windows 10 to do such a job, but Windows 10 doesn’t always give you the latest version. So sometimes you need to update drivers by yourself.
There are two ways you can update your driver: manually and automatically.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
You can download audio drivers from the manufacturer official website. Search for the model you have and find the correct driver that suits your specific operating system. Then download the driver manually.
Option 2 – Automatically update drivers
If you don’t have time or patience to manually update your audio drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Be sure to attach the URL of this article if needed for more expedient and efficient guidance.
Fix 4: Uninstall newly installed programs
If you have this issue after you newly update or install some programs, try to uninstall them, it may solve the problem. It’s possible that the third-party programs conflict with Discord and make trouble.
Uninstall the programs then check Discord.
If no fixes could work for you, you can contact Discord support so they can help you.
We would love to hear from you and willing to help, you can leave comments below if you have questions or suggestions.