Obviously, error “Display driver failed to start” is caused by faulty display driver. If you get this error, you still can use Windows, but the low PC performance could cause you inconvenience. To resolve the problem, just update the display driver.
To update the driver, you can use one of 3 ways below.
- Update the Driver through Device Manager
- Download and Install the Driver from Manufacturer
- Update the Driver Using Driver Easy
Follow these steps:
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click the OK button.
3) Expand category “Display adapters”. Right-click the graphics card and click Update Driver Software…. (In some cases, click “Update driver”.)
4) Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will automatically install the driver.
5) Check to see if the problem is resolved.
You can download and install the latest display driver from PC manufacturer’s website or video card manufacturer’s website. If you are using a branded computer, it is recommended that you go to PC manufacturer’s website first, as they may customize the driver. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model or video card model. You also need to know the specific operating system version that you are using (See How to Quickly Get Operating System Versionn).
Way 1 and Way 2 may resolve the problem, but if they don’t, or you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged graphics driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Hope you could fix the problem with the instructions above. If you have any questions or ideas, please leave your comment below. We’d love to hear of any ideas and suggestions.