[Solved] Display driver failed to start in Windows 10
Obviously, error “Display driver failed to start” is caused by faulty display driver. If you encounter this error, you still can use Windows, but the low PC performance could cause you inconvenience. To resolve the problem, just update the display driver. Follow simple instructions introduced here then the problem should resolve.
To update the driver, you can use one of 3 ways below.
Way 1: Update the Driver through Device Manager
Follow these steps:
1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog will appear.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
3. Expand category “Display adapters”. Right-click on Graphics card name and select Update Driver Software… on the context menu.
4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will automatically install the driver.
Way 2: Download and Install the Driver from Manufacturers
You can download and install the latest display driver from PC manufacturer’s website or video card manufacturer’s website. If you are using a branded computer, it is recommended that you go to PC manufacturer’s website first, as they may customize the driver. Before you get started, ensure that you know the PC model or video card model. You also need to know the specific operating system version that you are using (See How to Quickly Get Operating System Version).
Way 3: Update Driver Using Driver Easy
If Way 1 and Way 2 don’t work for you, you can use Driver Easy to help you. Driver Easy can scan your computer and identify the outdated drivers and missing drivers then give you a list of new drivers. It is compatible with Windows 10. You can use it to update Windows 10 Graphics Drivers. Driver Easy has Free version and Professional version. You can use the Free version to update drivers one at a time. But with Professional version, to update all drivers, just 2 clicks are needed.
1. Click Scan Now button. Then Driver Easy will scan your computer within 20 seconds and find new drivers for you immediately.
2. Click Update All button. Then all drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically.
With Driver Easy Professional version, you will enjoy Free technical support guarantee. You can ask for assistance regarding the display driver failed to start issue. With our expert tech support, you can expect the problem would be solved quickly. And you will have 30-day money back guarantee, just feel free to contact us for a full refund if you are not satisfied with the product. Click here to download Driver Easy now.