Receiving “SM Bus Controller doesn’t have a driver” message on your Windows 10?
Don’t worry. Usually this is an easy-to-fix issue. Just go with the tried-and-true ways below, you can fix it at once.
Pick the way you prefer:
1) Go to Intel Downloads Center.
2) Type Intel chipset drivers into the search box. Set product to be chipsets.
3) Choose Drivers as download type and Windows 10 as operating system from the drop down menu.
4) Click the drivers file name with the latest date.
5) Click the .exe file to download.
6) Double-click on the downloaded file to install by prompts on screen. After it’s done, reboot your Windows 10 to get the driver work.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Intel Chipset driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).