If you encountered bug with missing audio in dialogs or there’s no sound during the game, don’t worry, you’re not alone. This post has quick fixes that will resolve sound issues.
Try these fixes:
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Change language on Steam
This fix should resolve the issue with the missing voiceovers. Follow the guide and you’ll get back the audio.
- Launch Steam.
- Go to the Steam Library.
- Right-click Dying Light and select Properties.
- Choose Language, then change the language to English and close the tab.
- Repeat the process, but this time pick your language.
If you’re already in English, try another language to see if the voices are in this language, then turn back to English.
Fix 2: Uninstall incompatible app
Make sure there’s no other software working on the background. It’s possible that some apps are incompatible with Steam which cause the sound issue. Some players figured out when they had Sonic Studio on, there’s an audio mixer or no sound. After installing the software, the Dying Light was working perfectly.
Fix 3: Update your driver
Sound issue often relates to your sound card and the audio driver. If your audio driver is outdated or wrongly installed, you may encounter sound issues.
There’re two ways to update your driver, manually and automatically.
You can updating drivers by going to the manufacturer’s official website, then download and install the latest driver which compatible with your operating system.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your audio driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact device, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fix 4: Change your sound settings
If you don’t have in-game audio from your headset, changing sound settings may work for you.
- Right-click your Sound icon on the Taskbar.
- In the Playback tab, double-click your default device.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Change the Default Format to DVD Quality.
- Click OK to save changes then reboot your system.
- Launch the game to check the problem is solved or not.
This should resolve Dying Light sound issues. If none of the fixes work for you, please contact the support team email@example.com.