If you’re experiencing any crashing or freezing issues with FUSER, don’t worry. You should be able to fix this issue on your own easily after reading this article!
Try these fixes
Although the causes of FUSER crashing issue vary, here we’ve put together the latest fixes that solved this issue for many PC gamers. Whether FUSER crashes on startup or crashes in the middle of the game, you can find a fix to try in this article.
- Verify integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Install the latest game patch
- Turn on off VSync
- perform a clean boot
Fix 1: Verify integrity of game files
One common cause of FUSER crashing issue is the corrupted game files. If you’re not sure if the game crashes are triggered by the faulty game files, just verify integrity of game files. By doing that, you can repair the game.
If you play FUSER in Steam, follow the steps below:
- Launch Steam and go to your LIBRARY. Right-click on FUSER and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files…. It may take some time to finish verifying the game files. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from official server.
If you play FUSER in Epic Games Launcher, you can follow the instructions below to verify the game files:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher and go to your Library.
- click on the three dots under the FUSER game tile and select Verify.
Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
Relaunch FUSER after the verifying process completed to see if this fix works. If not, don’t worry. Just move on and try the next fix, below.
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
Graphics driver is essential to the functioning of video games. If FUSER keeps crashing on your PC, it’s likely that you have the corrupted or outdated graphics driver on your PC. So you should update your drivers to see if it fixes the game crashing issues. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Launch FUSER and see if the latest graphics driver stops the crash. If this fix doesn’t work for you, try the next fix, below.
Fix 3: Install the latest game patch
The developer of FUSER releases regular game patches to fix bugs and improve gaming performance. It’s possible that a recent patch has caused the game crash issue, and that a new patch is required to fix it.
If a patch is available, it will be detected by Steam or Epic Games Launcher, and the latest game patch will be automatically downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Run FUSER again to check whether the game crash issue has been resolved. If it didn’t work, or there was no new game patch available, move on to next fix, below.
Fix 4: Turn off VSync
VSync, or vertical synchronization, is a graphics technology that synchronizes the frame rate of a game with a monitor’s refresh rate. If your PC is suffering from screen tearing, enabling VSync can be an effective fix.
However, Some PC gamers reported that the VSync feature may interfere with FUSER and may cause the game to crash.
You can try turning off VSync and see if this issue persists.
To turn off VSync in Nvidia graphics card, just open Nvidia Control Panel, then go to Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings, then add FUSER. Scroll down to set VSync to OFF.
Launch the game and see if this fix works. If the game still crashes, just try the next fix, below.
Fix 5: perform a clean boot
You may need to perform a clean boot if the FUSER crashing issue persists.
The clean boot is a troubleshooting technique that allows you to manually disable startups and services so that you can find out the problematic program that crashes the game. Once you locate the program, just uninstall it, and then the this issue will be solved. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disabled.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
Restart your PC and launch FUSER to see if it crashes. If the game doesn’t crash, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software. After enabling each services, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes.
Once you find out the problematic program that cause the game to crash, you just need to uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
If the game still crashes after you disabled all the 3rd party apps and services, try reinstalling FUSER. Normally, after reinstalling the game, you’ll be able to fix the crashing issue.
If these common fixes on this article didn’t help you fix the FUSER crashing issue, you can also try investigating Windows crash logs to analyze and troubleshoot the causes of the crash. For more details, see the article: How to view crash logs in Windows 10.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped you fix the FUSER crashing issue. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment below. Thanks for reading!