Intel RST service is not running message pops up on your Windows 10’s task bar shown as this image?
No idea how to resolve such error? No worry! Go on with this post, two tried-and-true methods are right here for you to fix it. Just read on.:)
Note: Intel RST service means Intel Rapid Storage Technology service.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + X key together to open the quick-access menu.Then click Device Manager.
2) On the open window, find and expand the Disk drives section. Then right-click on your Intel Rapid Storage Technology supporting platform and choose Uninstall device.
3) Go to Intel Dowload website. Type Intel Rapid in the search box and click Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers from the result.
4) Click Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Then on the following open page, find and click SetupRST.exe.
5) When it completes downloading, double-click the .exe file to install the driver on your Windows 10.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Intel RST driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your Intel RST, and your variant of Windows system, and it will download and install it correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged Intel RST driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If update your RST driver didn’t solve the issue, please reset the startup type of Intel RST service.
You need to do these:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R key together to open a Run box. Then type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
2) On the open window, find and right-click on Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology. Choose Properties.
3) Choose to view on General tab. Then set the Startup type to be Automatic and click OK to save your setting.
That’s all there is to it.