Looking for fixes to solve It Takes Two not launching issue? You’ve come to the right place. This post has fixes that work for users. Since PC environment varies from person to person, you’d better make sure your PC spec meets the minimum requirements and then move to the fixes.
|OS||Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||AMD FX 6100 or Intel core i3-2100T|
|Graphics||AMD R7 260X or Nvidia GTX 660|
|DirectX||11 Compatible video card or equivalent|
Try these fixes:
You don’t need to try all of the fixes, just work your way down till the one that works for you.
- Launch in Windowed mode
- Update your graphic driver
- Disable overclocking or turbo boosting
- Update your DirectX files
Fix 1: Launch in Windowed mode
Some players find It Takes Two would launch normally when launching the game in Windowed-mode on Steam. You can try this easy fix before anything complicated.
- Run Steam client.
- Go to LIBRARY and right-click on It Takes Two. Select Properties.
- In the General tab, uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game and type -windowed –noborder under LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- Relaunch the game to check.
If it’s not working, move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Update your graphic driver
The broken or outdated graphics driver often play a key role in not launching or crashing issues. Graphic driver will effect your graphic card and influence your gaming experience. The fix is simple, updating your graphic driver to the latest version which compatible with your operating system.
There’re mainly 2 ways you can update your graphics driver: manually or automatically.
Option 1: Update your graphics driver manually
You can spend some time updating your GPU driver manually by visiting the website of your GPU manufacturer. Search for your GPU model, download the latest driver and install it.
Option 2: Update your graphics driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact graphics card, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Fix 3: Disable overclocking or turbo boosting
If you’re using third-party software to overcook the CPU or GPU to gain better performance, you’d better disable it when running the game. It may be the culprit of the not launching issue.
So disable the software and reset the CPU or the GPU to the manufacture specification that meets the minimum requirement.
Some certain overclocking or turbo boosting features need to be disabled from the BIOS. You need to disable the Intel Turbo Booster in BIOS settings if needed.
If this fix doesn’t work, please move to the next one.
Fix 4: Update your DirectX files
It Takes Two asks for DirectX 11 to run properly. If the DirectX files is corrupted or missing, the game would not launch or crash on startup. Therefore, updating the DirectX files to the latest version would fix the issue.
- Go to the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Install page.
- Click the Download button.
- Install the downloaded .exe file after downloading.
- Reboot your PC and check the game.
If it’s not working, reinstall It Takes Two would be the final choice.
Hopefully, this post would help you fix It Takes Two not launching issue. If you have any other fixes or solution, please share with us. We appreciate your contribution.