If you’re an avid football fan, the last thing you want to see is Madden 21 keeps crashing on your PC. But don’t worry, there’re still ways you can fix it, and we’ve gathered them right here in this post. Try them and get back to your pitch right away.
Try these fixes:
You might not need to try them all. Simply work down the list until you find the one that scores.
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Install all Windows updates
- Switch your DirectX version
- Lower in-game graphical settings
Fix 1: Verify the integrity of game files
Broken or missing game files could lead to constant crashes. So before you try anything else, first make sure there’s nothing wrong with the game files.
Here’s how to do that on Origin:
- Open your Origin client. In the left pane, click My Game Library.
- Select Madden NFL 21. Then click the setting icon and select Repair. Wait for the process to complete.
Once done, launch Madden 21 and check if it crashes again.
If the fix doesn’t stop the crash, you can try the next one below.
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver
In most cases, game crashes are graphics related. In other words, the constant crashes could indicate you’re using a buggy or outdated graphics driver. New drivers usually tackle compatibility issues, so always make sure you’re using the latest graphics driver.
Of course you can update your drivers manually: first go to the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA/AMD), then search, download and install the driver step by step. But if you don’t like fiddling with device drivers, you can leave it to Driver Easy. It’s a tool that detects, downloads and installs any driver updates your computer needs.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
After updating the latest graphics driver, restart your PC and test the gameplay in Madden 21.
If the latest graphics driver doesn’t help, you can take a look at the next fix.
Fix 3: Install all Windows updates
To minimize conflicts, you also need to install all the system patches:
- On your keyboard, press Win+I (the Windows logo key and the i key) to open the Windows Settings app. Click Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates. Windows will then download and install the available patches. It might take some time (up to 30 mins).
If you’re sure your system is up to date, simply check out the next trick below.
Fix 4: Switch your DirectX version
Some gamers reported that changing the in-game DirectX version stops the crash. So you can try the same and check if it’s helpful.
- Launch Madden NFL 21. At the bottom right corner, click the gear icon and select SETTINGS.
- Click SETTINGS.
- Select GRAPHICS.
- Click to change DIRECTX VERSION. Then save the changes and restart the game.
Now you can check if the crash stops.
If changing DirectX version doesn’t give you luck, you can try the next fix below.
Fix 5: Lower in-game graphical settings
There’s also feedback showing that low graphics settings could help make the game stable. You can do the same and fine-tune the settings if it stops crashing.
You can start with these settings:
- Lower the game resolution to under 1920×1080
- Lock the FPS at 30
- Turn off Antialiasing
- Turn off Bloom and 3D Grass (or disable all special effects)
Once done, restart your game and test the improvement.
So these are the fixes for your Madden 21 crashing issues. Leave a like if this post helps you, or tell us what you think in the comments below.