Having trouble launching Outriders on PC? You’re not alone. Hundreds of gamers have reported this exact issue. The good news is that there’re some known solutions to this problem. In this article, we’ll introduce some available fixes, read on and find out what they are…
How do I fix the “Outriders Not Launching” issue?
Not all solutions are necessary, just work the list down until you find the one that does the trick!
Before we dive into anything advanced…
Make sure you’ve tried to restart your PC and your game launcher (Epic Games Launcher & Steam).
In addition, you may want to check if your PC has met the minimum requirements for Outriders:
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel i5-3470 / AMD FX-8350|
|Storage||70GB available space|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti / AMD Radeon R9 270x|
|Others||720p / 60fps|
You can also check out the recommended specifications if needed.
Fix 1: Run as administrator
Sometimes your system doesn’t give your game enough permissions for it to launch. So you may want to grant the game administrative rights for it to function properly. To run as administrator:
First you’d need to navigate to the installation location of your game.
If you play on Epic Games, it’s typically in C:Program FilesEpic GamesOUTRIDERS.
For Steam, you can find it via the Steam client:
- In your library, right-click Outriders, then click Properties.
- Under LOCAL FILES, click Browse.
- Once you locate your game files, right-click OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe, then select Run as administrator. If prompted for permission, click Yes.
Check if you can launch Outriders. If this doesn’t help, try the next solution.
Fix 2: Verify game files integrity
If some of your game files are missing or corrupted, the game may fail to launch. You can verify the integrity of the game files for it to launch properly:
On Epic Games Launcher:
- Find Outriders in your library, and click on the three-dot icon next to the game title.
- In the drop-down menu, click Verify.
- It could take some time for Epic Games Launcher to scan your files.
- Find Outriders in your library, right-click the game then select Properties.
- Under LOCAL FILES, click Verify integrity of game files.
- It could take a few minutes for the scan to complete depending on the size. If anything’s missing or damaged, Steam will add the required files to your local folder.
Once complete, launch the game to see if the problem persists. If this doesn’t give you luck, move on to the next solution.
Fix 3: Update your graphics driver
An outdated or faulty graphics driver is a common reason of game launching failure. You may want to update your graphics card driver, to make sure it’s functioning properly.
There are two ways you can get the right driver for your graphics card: manually or automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your video card driver via Device Manager. If Windows suggests your driver is up-to-date, you can still check if there’s a newer version and update it in Device Manager. Go to the manufacturer’s website, and search for the latest correct driver. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system, find the correct driver for your exact video card and your Windows version, then it will download and install the driver correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Restart your PC for the new driver to take effect. Launch Outriders to see if it opens. If the problem returns, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 4: Allow the game through firewall
Sometimes Windows Defender will block your game if it assumes the game is a virus. Similarly, a third-party antivirus software could also conflict with your game. To stop your game from being blocked, there are two options:
Allow Outriders and your game launcher through firewall
- In the search bar next to the Start button, type firewall then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings.
- Click Allow another app.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the folder containing your game files.
For Steam, it’s in C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommon by default.
For Epic Games, you should find it in C:Program FilesEpic GamesOUTRIDERS.
Once you locate OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe, select it then click Open.
- Click Add.
- Check the box of the network type you would allow Outriders to access. If you play at home or at friend’s, check Private. Then click OK.
If you play on a domain network or public network, you can check the boxes of these two options as well. Note that there could be connectivity issues and security concerns.
You’ll also need to check if your game launcher is allowed through the firewall. If it’s allowed already, skip to the next solution. If not, repeat the above steps to make sure your firewall no longer blocks your game launcher.
For Steam client:
Go to C:Program Files (x86)Steam, look for steam.exe, and follow the above steps to allow it through firewall. You may also see other relevant files ending with .exe, such as steamerrorreporter.exe. Make sure to allow those through firewall as well.
For Epic Games Launcher:
Go to C:Program Files (x86)Epic GamesLauncherPortalBinariesWin64.
Once you locate EpicGamesLauncher.exe, follow the steps above to allow it through firewall.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
For those on Steam, you may see this specific error “Steam client logged in without privileges. It is required. Exiting.” If you encountered this error or you’re currently using a third-party antivirus tool, consider temporarily disabling your antivirus software and test the issue:
If the game launches, congrats! You can play Outriders with your antivirus program off. Remember to be extra cautious with downloads from the Internet when your PC is not under full protection. But if the problem persists, consider contacting the antivirus supplier for support.
If this fix doesn’t help, try the next solution.
Fix 5: Check your Razer software
This solution is for those using Razer software. If you don’t have any installed on your PC, skip to the last solution.
If you’ve been using Razer software, particularly Razer Synapse, then this fix may solve your problem. Some gamers found that the Razer software could be interfering with Outriders. Uninstalling Razer software has been an effective fix for some. You can:
- Uninstall Razer Synapse, and any other Razer software you have installed.
- If you want to keep using Razer Synapse, you can try to uninstall then reinstall it. Make sure you select ONLY Razer Synapse in the installer, and not install other modules since they could interfere with Outriders.
Check if you’re able to launch Outriders. If you’ve tried the above solutions but still no luck, we have one last fix for you.
Fix 6: Reinstall Outriders
It’s possible that Outriders won’t launch because the previous installation is incomplete or interrupted. Reinstalling the game can solve the not-launching issue in some cases. To reinstall Outriders:
- Find Outriders in your library. Right-click the game, select Manage then click Uninstall.
- Once Outrider’s removed from your computer, you’ll see the option to install the game on the Outrider’s page from your library.
- Reinstall the game.
On Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to your library, click on the three-dot icon next to Outriders.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once the game is uninstalled, restart your Epic Games Launcher and reinstall the game.
1: Check out the recommended PC specifications to run Outriders below if needed:
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel i7-7700K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600X|
|Memory||16 GB RAM|
|Storage||70 GB available space|
|Graphics||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB / Radeon RX Vega 56, 8 GB|
|Others||1080p / 60fps|
2: Among the players reporting Outriders won’t launch, we’ve seen more of them on Epic Games compared to Steam. It seems like it’s an issue with Epic Games Launcher and so far there isn’t an available fix. If possible, consider requesting a refund from Epic Games and switch to Steam to play Outriders.
Hopefully this article helps! Please feel free to drop a comment if you have any further questions.