[Solved] PUBG Cannot find dxgi.dll Error
Does this look familiar? You may see a error message like this when you launch PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) in your computer:
- Cannot find ‘dxgi.dll’. Please, reinstall this application.
But don’t worry. Many players have resolved the PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll error message with the solutions below. So read on and we’ll help you get the program up and running again in no time.
Try these fixes
You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Delete or rename the dxgi.dll file
- Install the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer Package
- Update graphics card driver
- Run Steam as Administrator
The dxgi.dll file is used for the Reshade effect when playing PUBG in your computer, so you can try to delete or rename the dxgi.dll file in your computer to fix PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll issue. Here’s how to do it:
1) Go to the file directory indicated in the error message, generally it should be:
C: > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > PUBG > TsIGame > Binaries > Win64.
2) In the folder, find the dxgi.dll file, and delete it.
Or you can rename the dxgi.dll file with d3d11.dll.
3) Restart your computer and launch your PUBG again to see if it works.
Kindly note that deleting the dxgi.dll file from your game folder should fix your problem and enables you launch the game properly, but you will lose the Reshade when playing the game. Whenever there’s the latest game patch, download and install the latest game patch and you should have the Reshae back.
As this dxgi.dll file is part of the DirectX feature, so you can install the DirectX Web Runtime Package, which includes the dxgi.dll file and so to remove the error. To do so:
2) Select the appropriate language according to your computer, and click Download.
3) Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and install it in your computer.
4) Restart your computer and launch PUBG again to see if it works.
If the error cannot find dxgi.dll still appears in PUBG, don’t worry. We have other solutions for you.
The missing or outdated graphics card driver can also cause PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll error, so you should verify that your graphics card driver is up to date.
There are two ways to update video card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually: you can go to your graphics card manufacturer and find the latest correct driver that is compatible with your Windows operating system. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged devices to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install it in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and open your PUBG to see if the dxgi.dll not found error has been removed.
Still no luck? Okay, there’s one more thing to try.
This method works for many players who have the PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll error when launching the game.
1) Exit PUBG in your computer, and log out your Steam account.
2) Restart your computer.
3) Right click in your Steam application, and select Run as Administrator.
4) Log into your Steam account and open PUBG again.
That’s it. Hope this post helps resolve your PUBG cannot find dxgi.dll issue in your computer. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.