Voice chat is not working in PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) Duo or Squad mode? This is so frustrating. But don’t worry, whether you’re getting issues like PUBG voice chat not working, or PUBG mic not working, there is something you can do to fix your problem.
How to fix voice chat not working in PUBG
Here are the solutions that have helped players resolve the voice chat issue. You shouldn’t have to try them all. Just try each one in turn until everything’s working again.
- Install the latest patch
- Make sure your mic is on for PUBG (for Windows 10 users)
- Configure the audio settings in your computer
- Update sound card driver
- Check audio settings for your game
- Change your network
- Modify the game file settings
Why is voice chat not working in PUBG?
Sometimes you can hear from your friends but they can’t hear you, and sometimes you can’t hear your friend’s chat but they can hear you. This is annoying. The possible reason is the incorrect settings for your microphone, or the hardware faulty issues.
Sometimes it’s hard to troubleshoot the cause, but there are something you can do to solve the voice chat not working issue in your PUBG.
Since many technical problems can be resolved by restarting, it never hurts to restart your computer and your game. Often this will be enough to fix the issue.
Game developers always keep releasing patches to improve their games and fix any issues, so you should check for updates of your game in Steam or from the official website. Then install the latest patch to keep it up tp date. This can fix some issues like the voice chat not working.
If you find your voice chat is not working in PUBG on Windows 10 computer, the first thing you should check is to turn on microphone permission for PUBG. Here’s what you need to do:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand I at the same time.
2) Click Privacy in Settings.
3) Click Microphone on the left pane, and make sure Microphone access for this device is on, and the status is On for PUBG.
4) Log in PUBG and see if your microphone works this time.
If PUBG voice chat doesn’t work in your computer, you should also check and set your microphone as the default device for your computer.
1) Right click the volume icon at the bottom right corner on your desktop, and select Sounds.
2) Click the Playback tab, and make sure to set your microphone to Default Device.
3) Click the Recording tab, and make sure your microphone is the Default Device.
4) Then right click on your microphone device, and select Properties.
5) In the new pop up pane, click the Advanced tab.
6) Make sure to uncheck the box next to Allow application to take exclusive control of this device. Then click Apply and OK.
7) Save your settings.
8) Restart your computer and try PUBG voice again to see if it works.
If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. We have other solutions to try.
A missing or outdated audio driver in your computer can cause your voice chat not working in PUBG, so you should make sure that your sound card driver is up to date.
There are two ways to update your sound card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driver: you can go to your sound card manufacturer’s website, search for the latest version of your sound card driver, and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driver: if you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged sound card (and microphone if any) to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version), then install it in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
Open PUBG in your computer and see if voice chat works in duo or squad mode.
The incorrect audio settings in your game can also result in PUBG voice chat not working, so ensure you’ve configured the audio settings in your PUBG. below lists a few audio settings that you should check:
Step 1: Change the voice channel to All
First of all, make sure you’ve select to use all channels in your voice chat:
1) Go to PUBG Settings > Sound.
2) In the Voice section, make sure to select Voice Channel to All, Voice Chat Mode to Push To Talk, and the Voice Chat Input and Voice Chat Output is 100.
3) Save your settings and try it again to see if it works.
Step 2: Configure the audio settings in your Steam
1) Go to Steam Settings.
2) Click Voice or In-Game Voice.
3) In the Recording (audio input) device section, make sure your microphone is selected. If the detected recording device is not your microphone, click Change (or Change Device) to change it to your device.
4) Make sure the Microphone volume and Receive volume is dragged to medium or high, so you can hear from your friends and you can be heard.
5) Save your changes and open PUBG again to see if it works for voice chat.
As many people have reported that they solved the PUBG voice chat not working issue after switching to another network, you can try this method and see if it works for you.
If you’re using VPN, try disabling your VPN or changing to another VPN, then open PUBG and see if voice chat works this time.
If you’re using WiFi or Ethernet broadband, try connecting to another WiFi.
Sometimes the improper settings in your game configuration files can also cause the voice chat not working issue in your PUBG game. So follow the steps below:
1) Type %appdata% in the search bar from the Start menu, then select %appdata% in File Folder.
2) Windows will open the File Explorer, then click AppData in the directory bar.
3) Go to Local > TslGame > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor.
4) Open the file named GameUserSettings.ini in Notepad or .txt.
5) In the file that you open, make sure the following settings is configured correctly:
6) Save the file and restart your computer.
Open PUBG in your computer and try if voice chat works.
There you have it – the 7 fixes for voice chat not working in PUBG. You’re welcome to add a comment below to let s know if these fixes resolved your issue. If you have any other issues, feel free to let us know, and we’ll do our best to help.