It is really upset when you want to play Rocket League but it won’t launch! This can be very frustrating. It’s worse than having a bad game experience because they don’t have a chance to play.
But don’t worry, try the solutions below and you can enjoy your game.
Well, there’s one thing you should do first is to make sure your Windows Operating system is up to date and meet the minimum requirements.
Minimum System Requirement of Rocket League
|Supported OS||Windows 7 or newer|
|Processor||2.4 GHz Dual core|
|Video Card||NVIDIA GTX 260 or ATI 4850|
|Hard Drive||7 GB|
Recommended System Requirement of Rocket League
|Supported OS||Windows 7 or newer|
|Processor||2.5+ GHz Quad core|
|Video Card||NVIDIA GTX 660 or better, ATI 7950 or better|
|Hard Drive||7 GB|
Try these fixes:
There’re 6 fixes that have helped many gamers solve their problems. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Players who already own the game through Steam can continue to play and re-download the game on Steam.
- Rename your Rocket League folder
- Run as administrator
- Verify game files (Steam users only)
- Disable Overlay feature (Steam users only)
- Change compatibility mode
- Update your graphics card driver
- Delete d3d9.dll file
Fix 1: Rename your Rocket League folder
According to users, this easy fix would help you solve the problem.
- Open File Explorer and go to Documents.
- Open My Games folder.
- Find your Rocket League file and rename it to Rocket League old.
- Launch Rocket League. It will create a new one and launch normally.
Note: Make sure your documents folder isn’t on your OneDrive. If you’ve linked your Documents folder from the OneDrive account, you need to unlink it first. Otherwise, it would cause the issue.
Fix 2: Run as administrator
The privilege issue might be the reason for this problem. With high integrity access, Rocket League can make full use of its features, running its function properly. So run the game as an administrator to see if this fixes your issue.
- Navigate to the game installation folder. (If you can’t find it, you can go to Steam, right-click on the game > Properties > Local Files > Browse local files.)
- Right-click on Rocket League Launcher.exe and click Properties.
- Click Compatibility tab and check Run as Administrator.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Run the game and check the issue is solved or not.
Fix 3: Verify game files (Steam users only)
This fix will check game files and verify them if they are right. What else, it will download and repair required files. If the Rocket League won’t launch issue is caused by corrupted game files, this fix could help you fix it.
- Open the Steam client and navigate to the LIBRARY tab, then right-click on Rocket League and select Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…. After that, click CLOSE.
- Launch Rocket League to check.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay feature (Steam users only)
Sometimes the Steam Overlay feature can be the reason for troubles. So you can disable these option to see whether it helps or not.
- In the Steam client, click the Steam button in the topper left corner and click Settings.
- Choose the In-Game tab, uncheck these boxes to disable the Overlay options. Then click OK.
- Run the game to check.
Fix 5: Change compatibility mode
Run Rocket League Launcher in compatibility mode is a way to solve many problems. This Rocket League won’t launch problem may be caused by the incompatibility with the system. So change the compatibility mode may help you solve the issue.
- Navigate to Rocket League saving folder.
- Right-click on Rocket League Launcher and click Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, click Run this program in compatibility mode for. Then choose the system in the drop-down menu.
- Click OK then run Rocket League to check.
If this fix doesn’t help, don’t worry, move to the next one.
Fix 6: Update your graphics card driver
It is very important to update your graphics card drivers. Windows 10 doesn’t always give you the latest version. But with outdated or wrong drivers, you may encounter Rocket League won’t launch issue. So it’s really important to keep your drivers updating to get better gaming experience.
There are two ways you can update your driver: manually and automatically.
Option 1 – Manually– You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended)– This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
You can download graphics drivers the manufacturer official website. Search for the model you have and find the correct driver that suits your specific operating system. Then download the driver manually.
Option 2 – Automatically update drivers
If you don’t have time or patience to manually update your graphics drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
- Relaunch the game and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fix 7: Delete d3d9.dll file
If the file d3d9.dll was wrongly put in the game folder, Rocket League may have won’t launch the issue. You can fix the issue by simply deleting this file.
- Navigate to the Rocket League saving folder. (If you can’t find it, you can go to Steam, right-click on the game > Properties > Local Files > Browse local files.)
- Double click Binaries > Win 32. You’ll see d3d9.dll in this folder.
- Right-click on d3d9.dll and click Delete.
- Run Rocket League to check.
We hope you find the above information helpful. And if you have any ideas, suggestions, or questions, feel free to leave a comment below.