Many Toshiba laptop users are having issues with their touchpad. Their Toshiba laptop touchpad isn’t responding properly or has become totally unresponsive.
This is a very annoying issue. And trying to fix it can be just as annoying, because you’ll spend a lot of time reading suggestions on the Internet, and most won’t work.
But don’t worry! The following are a few methods that have helped many other Toshiba laptop users fix their touchpad.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Your Toshiba laptop touchpad may have been accidentally disabled. You need to re-enable your touchpad so you’re able to use it.
To re-enable your touchpad:
On your laptop keyboard, press the Fn key and the F9 key at the same time.
Then check to see if you’re able to use your touchpad.
Your touchpad may not be working properly because there are temporary corruption issues with your Toshiba laptop. And they can be fixed by rebooting your laptop. To do so:
1) Press and hold the power button of your laptop until it turns off.
2) Disconnect the power cable and remove the battery (if it’s removable) from your laptop.
3) Wait for 10 seconds.
4) Insert the battery and connect the power cable to your laptop.
5) Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
Now check to see if your laptop touchpad is working properly.
Your Toshiba laptop touchpad can’t work properly if you are using a wrong driver or it’s out of date. You should update or reinstall your touchpad driver to see if this fixes your touchpad.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update or reinstall your drivers, you can use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click on the Update button next to the touchpad to download the latest and correct driver for this device. You can also click the Update All button to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer, then check to see if updating driver fix your touchpad.
If the methods above can’t help you fix your laptop touchpad, you may be having hardware issues with your touchpad. You should contact the Toshiba support or take your laptop to a authorized service provider to have your laptop serviced.