If your Wallpaper Engine keeps crashing, you will learn every possible fix in this guide. No matter how the Wallpaper Engine crashes — either with an error code 0xc0000005 or no warning at all — try the following fixes.
Fix 1. Update your graphics driver
The most common cause of Wallpaper Engine crashing is an outdated or corrupted graphics driver. So be sure to update your graphics driver if you experience Wallpaper Engine crashing for no apparent reason.
There are two ways to update your graphics driver:
You can update your graphics driver manually, by visiting the manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA/AMD), downloading the latest correct driver, and installing step by step. But if you don’t have the time or patience to do that manually, you can use Driver Easy to update automatically:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
- Once complete, restart your computer for the changes to take full effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fix 2. Disable antivirus software
Another possible cause of Wallpaper Engine crashing is interference from other software, most likely your antivirus application.
We recommend uninstalling the antivirus program temporarily (or adding Wallpaper Engine as an exception to your program) to test the issue. Some antivirus programs still work even if you disable them.
Fix 3. Run the SFC tool
Corrupted system files can also crash your Wallpaper Engine. You can run a quick scan to fix the issue quickly. System File Checker is a Windows utility to immediately scan all the protected system files on your computer. It verifies the file versions and repairs the corrupted files (replace them with the ones from a repair source).
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
Click Yes when prompted to confirm.
- In the command prompt window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
It’ll take 1~2 minutes for the SFC to replace the corrupted system files with new ones if it detects any, so please be patient.
- Restart your computer and see if your Wallpaper Engine works properly.
Fix 4. Reinstall Razer Synapse
The chances are that a faulty installation of Razer Synapse may cause your Wallpaper Engine to crash. To fix it, you may need to reinstall Razer Synapse:
- Turn off Wallpaper Engine.
- Uninstall Razer Synapse, and download the latest version of the software.
- Restart your computer and launch your Wallpaper Engine.
Fix 5. Use a repair tool
If repairing the corrupted files with the Windows tool didn’t help, you might need a more powerful tool to repair your system, and we recommend giving Fortect a try.
Fortect is a computer repair software that can diagnose problems on your computer and fix them immediately.
Fortect is tailored to your specific system and is working in a private and automatic way. It will firstly check hardware-related issues to identify problems, and then security issues (powered by Avira Antivirus), and finally it detects programs that crash, missing system files. Once complete, it will find a solution to your specific problem.
- Fortect image will replace your missing/damaged DLL files with fresh, clean and up-to-date ones
- Fortect will replace ALL DLL files that are missing and/or damaged – Even those you don’t know about!
1) Download and install Fortect.
2) Open Fortect and run a free scan. This might take 3~5 minutes to fully analyze your PC. Once complete, you will be able to review the detailed scan report.
3) You’ll see the summary of detected issues on your PC. Click START REPAIR and all the issues will be fixed automatically. (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
If the Wallpaper Engine keeps crashing for no apparent reason, you can contact their support team at email@example.com.