Watch Dogs: Legion is for sure one of the most stunning games of this year. However, many players report the game stuck on the loading screen and not launching their saves. If you’re facing the same problem, follow this tutorial and you’ll be able to fix it instantly.
Fixes to try:
We’ve covered a list of fixes that helped other players solve the Watch Dogs Legion not loading issue. You may not try them all; simply work from the top down until you find the one that does the trick.
- Restart your PC
- Run Watch Dogs: Legion as an administrator
- Switch to DirectX 11
- Update your device drivers
- Use the dedicated graphics card
Fix 1 – Restart your PC
Many game issues are sometimes temporary glitches, and a simple restart can refresh the operating system thoroughly and launch your applications the right way.
Reboot your computer and then Watch Dogs: Legion to see if you can get past the loading screen now. If not, check out more fixes below.
Fix 2 – Run Watch Dogs: Legion as an administrator
To grant Watch Dogs: Legion necessary rights to work properly, it’s suggested you run this game as an administrator. Here’s how:
1) Go to the folder where you installed Watch Dogs: Legion. Then, right-click the WatchDogsLegion.exe file and click Properties.
2) Select the Compatibility tab. Then, tick Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
You can repeat the steps above to run the Ubisoft Connect client as an administrator as well. Then, test if the game loads successfully.
If not, launch the WatchDogsLegion.exe file directly instead of using the game launcher. If this method can’t help you get into the game neither, move on to the fixes below.
Fix 3 – Switch to DirectX 11
Watch Dogs: Legion runs on DirectX 12 by default, but if the game acts up, like keeping stuck on the loading screen, you can switch to DirectX 11 and see if this mode works.
1) Launch the Ubisoft Connect client. Then, navigate to the Games tab and click Watch Dogs: Legion.
2) Select Properties from the left pane.
3) Scroll down to Game launch arguments, and click Add command line arguments.
4) Type -dx11 in the field and click Save.
Re-open Watch Dogs: Legion to see if the stuck loading screen remains. If the issue persists, try the next method below.
Fix 4 – Update your device drivers
Gaming issues like disconnection or loading failure may indicate you’re using faulty or outdated device drivers, especially the graphics or network drivers. To enjoy an immersing gameplay in Watch Dogs Legion, make sure all your device drivers are the latest. If not, definitely update them now.
You can search for available new drivers on the manufacturers’ websites, such as AMD or NVIDIA, then download and install them manually. But if you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
After updating all the available drivers, you’ll find the game loads faster. But if the trouble isn’t resolved, please proceed to the last method.
Fix 5 – Use the dedicated graphics card
According to Watch Dogs Legions players who have more than one graphics card, the non-stop loading screen occurs when they’re using the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated one. To see if this method helps your case, try switching to the dedicated graphics card manually.
If you’ve exhausted all the methods above with no results, try contacting Ubisoft support for further assistance. Since Watch Dogs Legion is a relatively new game, the upcoming patches are expected to solve these existing bugs and performance issues.
Hopefully this post is helpful to you. If you have further questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below.