If you’re wondering what the screen resolution is on your Windows 10/8/7 computer or even looking to change it, you’re in the right place.
Check out this post and you’ll know in a heartbeat! 🙂
- What is my screen resolution and how to change the screen resolution
- How can I prevent my PC from having display issues
- Right-click on the empty area of your desktop and click Display settings.
Scroll down to Resolution and voila! Now you can select from the drop-down menu to change the screen resolution the way you’d like it to.
- Right-click on the empty area of your desktop and click Screen resolution.
- Check your screen resolution in Resolution! Now you can select from the drop-down menu to change the screen resolution the way you’d like it to.
Display issues like blurry/flickering screen, distortion, black/blue screen of death are most likely to happen when you have the outdated/corrupted/mismatched graphics drivers in your computer. So it’s always recommended to have the latest graphics drivers (and possibly others) installed to nip these problems in the bud and save us from trips hauling our computer down a computer repair shop.
There’re two ways you can update your device drivers — manually or automatically:
Update your drivers manually – You can update your device drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s official website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for the exact device. Be sure to choose ONLY drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions. Then download & update them all by yourself.
Update your drivers automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
That’s it – 1 step to find out your screen resolution and change it. Hope this helps and feel free to drop a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas to share with us. 🙂