Recently, many Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem players are reporting the game crashing issue. The problem occurs randomly – at launch or mid-game – causing extreme annoyance.
Fortunately, the fix is easy. If you’re also experiencing the crashing issue when playing Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, follow the steps below and you should be able to run the game as flawlessly as is.
- Restart your PC
- Turn off unneeded programs
- Clear game cache files
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Reinstall the game
Fix 1: Restart your PC
In some cases, the game crash issue is just a temporary error that can be fixed by restarting your computer and the game.
Try turning off your PC, then turn it back on. If your problem still exists after the reboot, don’t worry. There are still 5 more fixes to try.
Fix 2: Turn off unneeded programs
If you’re running multiple programs at the same time during gameplay, your PC might get overloaded and crash your game. So, it’s recommended that you close unnecessary programs while gaming. Here is how to do it:
1) Right-click your taskbar and select Task Manager.
2) Right-click the programs you want to close and select End Task.
3) Relaunch your game to see if this fixed your issue. If it didn’t, read on and try the fix below.
Fix 3: Clear game cache files
Game cache files accumulated on your computer will affect your gaming performance. When the files become corrupted somehow, they might crash your game. To see if that’s the core issue, try clearing game cache files. Follow the instructions below to see how:
1) Exit Steam and your game completely.
2) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
3) Type %public%\Documents, then click OK.
4) Right-click the Steam folder and select Delete.
5) Restart Lords of Mayhem to check if this worked for you. If your game is still unplayable, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Verify the integrity of game files
You may run into the Lords of Mayhem crashing issue when certain game files are corrupted or missing. If you’re playing the game on Steam, try verifying the integrity of your game files. Here is how:
1) Run Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY.
3) Right-click Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and select Properties.
4) Click the LOCAL FILES tab, then click VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
Relaunch Lords of Mayhem to see if this has resolved your issue. If not, try the fix below.
Fix 5: Update your graphics driver
Your graphics card (GPU) is the most important component when it comes to determining gaming performance. If you’re using an outdated graphics driver, or the driver is corrupted, you’re likely to encounter game issues.
So, when something goes wrong with your game, update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your issue. You can update the graphics driver manually. But if you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, we recommend using Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for you.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
3) Click the Update button next to the graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your PC and the game to test your issue.
If your issue persists, move on to the next fix, below.
Fix 6: Reinstall the game
Game issues, such as freezing, crashing or lagging might happen when the game is not properly installed on your PC, follow the instructions below to reinstall Lords of Mayhem to see if it fixes your problem:
1) Run Steam.
2) Right-click Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, then click Manage > Uninstall.
3) Click Uninstall.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Reinstall the game on your PC, then try launching the game to see if it runs properly.
Hopefully, this article helped! Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions. I would love your thoughts!