WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship keeps crashing on your PC? If your answer is YES, you’ve come to the right place. These days, we’ve seen many PC players reporting that WRC 10 keeps crashing on their PC, which makes the game unplayable. But don’t worry. You should be able to fix this issue on your own after reading this article.
The system requirements of WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship
Ensure that your PC meets the system requirements of WRC 10. You can take a quick glance at the system requirements of WRC 10 if you don’t know the system requirements:
|OS:||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor:||Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-6300||Intel Core i7-4790k or AMD Ryzen 5 2600|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Graphics:||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7790, 2 GB||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8 GB|
|DirectX:||Version 12||Version 12|
If your PC fails to meet the system requirements of WRC 10, you may need to upgrade your PC first.
WRC 10 still keeps crashing on your PC even though your PC meets the system requirements? Just read on and try the fixes below.
Try these fixes
Although the causes of WRC 10 crashing issue vary, here we’ve put together the latest fixes that solved this issue for many PC gamers. Whether WRC 10 crashes on startup or crashes in the middle of the game, you can find a fix to try in this article.
- Verify integrity of game files
- Update your graphics driver
- Install the latest game patch
- Temporarily disable anti-virus software
- Perform a clean boot
Verify integrity of game files
Corrupted game files would lead to the game crashing issues. If it’s the case, follow the steps below to verify and repair the game files.
To verify the game files in Steam:
- Launch Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship and select Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES on the left, then click Verify integrity of game files…. It may take some time to finish verifying the game files. If Steam finds anything wrong with the game files, it will re-download them from official server.
To verify game files in Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch Epic Games Launcher and go to your Library.
- Click on the three dots under the WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship game tile and select Verify.
Depending on the size of the game files, it may take some time to verify all your game files.
When the verifying process completed, launch WRC 10 and check if this fix works. If the game still crashes, try the next fix, below.
Update your graphics driver
Graphics driver is essential to the functioning of video games. If WRC 10 keeps crashing on your PC, it’s likely that you have the corrupted or outdated graphics driver on your PC. So you should update your drivers to see if it fixes the game crashing issues.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Install the latest game patch
The developer of WRC 10 FIA World Rally Championship releases regular game patches to fix bugs and improve gaming performance. It’s possible that a recent patch has caused the game crash issue, and that a new patch is required to fix it.
If a patch is available, it will be detected by Steam or Epic Games Launcher, and the latest game patch will be automatically downloaded and installed when you launch the game.
Launch WRC 10 again to check if the game crash issue has been resolved. If it didn’t work, or there was no new game patch available, move on to next fix, below.
Temporarily disable anti-virus software
Some 3rd party antivirus software would interfere with the game files, which may also crash the game.
Try adding both the game folder and Steam (or Epic Games Launcher if you play the game on the Epic platform ) as an exception to your third-party antivirus application. If necessary, temporarily disable your 3rd party antivirus software before playing.
Run WRC 10 and check if this issue persists after you disabled the anti-virus software on your PC.
If the game crashing issue persists, try the next fix to perform a clean boot.
Perform a clean boot
If there is a certain application conflicting with WRC 10, the game would not run properly. To find out the problematic application behind the game crashing issue, you need to perform a clean boot. Here’s how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run Dialog. Type msconfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Navigate to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- Go back to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your PC.
Restart your PC and launch WRC 10 to check if the game crashes again. If not, you need to open the System Configuration window again to enable services and applications one by one until you find the problematic software.
Once you find out the problematic software that crashes WRC 10, you need to uninstall it to avoid game crashing issues in the future.
If the game still crashes after you disabled all the 3rd party apps and services, try reinstalling WRC 10. Normally, after reinstalling the game, you’ll be able to fix the crashing issue.
If these common fixes didn’t help you fix the WRC 10 crashing issue, you can also try investigating Windows crash logs to analyze and troubleshoot the causes of the crash. For more details, see the article: How to view crash logs in Windows 10.
Hopefully, one of the fixes above helped you fix the WRC 10 crashing issue. If you have any questions or suggestions on this issue, feel free to drop a line in the comment area below. Thanks for reading!