Update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drivers on Windows 10
If you need to update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers, you can go to Realtek website to download the latest drivers. Realtek has released Windows 10 drivers. But you may already know that it is not easy to download the drivers in Realtek website. Here you’ll learn 3 ways to update this driver; Just choose an easier way for you.
Go to Device Manager and expand Network adapters. You’ll see Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller under this category.
Below are the 3 ways to update the driver for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller:
You can use Windows Update to check for the updates in Windows 10. It may help install the driver for your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. If this feature in your Window 10 has been set to install updates automatically, you can skip this way.
You can go to your PC manufacturer’s website to download the Windows 10 driver for this device. Alternatively, you can go to the device manufacturer’s (Realtek) website to download the Windows 10 driver.
Usually, the driver can be self-installing. After you download the driver, double-click on the file to begin the installation. If the driver cannot be installed in this way, you might have to install it manually, then follow steps below to install the driver.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button.
3) In Device Manager, expand category Network adapters. Under this category, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Then click Update Driver Software…
4) Click Browse my Computer for driver software.
5) Click on Browse to find the location of the downloaded driver file. Then Windows will automaticdally find the .inf file in the driver package to install the drivers.
6) Click on Next button to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
IMPORTANT: If you can’t have access to internet due to network driver issues, you can use Driver Easy Offline Scan Feature to download and install a new network driver.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the Realtek PCIe driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Realtek PCIe GBE Familly Controller
If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to leave your comments below, please.