If you want to download and update your wireless adapter driver for your Acer computer, you’ve come to the right place! This post shows you how to download and update your Acer WiFi driver step by step.
The WiFi driver ensures your network adapter works properly in your computer and keeping your WiFi driver up to date will prevent many network problems.
How to download and update Acer WiFi drivers
Method 1: Download your Acer driver manually
You can download the WiFi driver for your Acer computer from the Acer website. You can search the Acer model for your device, then find the correct driver to download.
Take Aspire E5-411 notebook as an example:
1) Open the Acer support page in your browser.
2) Enter your Aspire E5-411 (your Acer device model) in the search box, or you can select your device model by filtering in the category.
3) After you open the support page for your Acer device, make sure the detected Operating System is correct. In my case it’s Windows 10 64 bit. Then click the Driver section.
4) Scroll down and click the Download button next to your wireless network adapter driver.
5) Run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
This method takes time and computer skills. If you don’t have the time or patience, don’t worry. Try Method 2.
Method 2: Update your Acer WiFi driver automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your wireless driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to your wireless adapter to download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it.
Or click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all the drivers. (This requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
4) Restart your computer to take effect.
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
So that’s it. Hope this post helps in downloading and updating your Acer WiFi driver.