It’s always important to keep your AMD RX 580 driver up to date to make sure your graphics card is working properly and prevent issues like game crashing, blue screens etc. In this post, we’re showing you 3 safe and easy ways to update your AMD RX 580 driver.
3 Options To Update AMD RX580 Drivers In Windows
Here’re 3 options for you to update your AMD RX580 driver; just choose the way you prefer:
- Update AMD RX 580 driver via Device Manager
- Update AMD RX 580 driver manually
- Update AMD RX 580 driver automatically (Recommended)
Device Manager is surely a quick way to update drivers because Windows can help us find the right driver and save us a lot time in finding one. But there’s one niggle: it doesn’t necessarily have the latest version available. Still, let’s give it a go:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste devmgmt.msc into the box and click OK.
2) Locate and double-click on Display adapters (aka. graphics card, video card) to expand it.
3) Right-click on Radeon RX 580 Series and click Update driver.
4) Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
5) Your Windows will try its best to find the latest Radeon RX 580 Series driver available for your computer. Then wait a bit and see if you’re provided a driver update:
- If yes, follow the on-screen instructions, skip step 6 and restart your computer to finish the update process.
- If no, proceed with step 6.
6) You see the following result.
It means Windows can’t find you an up-to-date Radeon RX 580 Series driver. You might need to check other methods to get it since Windows can be slow in keeping up with manufacturers’ drivers.
If method 1 fails you, you can always get the latest version all by yourself. But it’ll need time, patience and certain computer knowledge. If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, or worrying about any risks in the process, you can jump to Method 3.
1) Go to Radeon RX product website.
2) Click DRIVERS & SUPPORT.
3) In or select your product from the list, choose Graphics > Radeon 600 Series > Radeon RX 500 Series > Radeon RX 580 accordingly. Then click SUBMIT.
4) Click on your OS to unfold the corresponding driver package.
5) Click DOWNLOAD to begin downloading the driver file.
6) Double-click on the downloaded file to install the latest version.
7) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect even if you’re not asked to.
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
That’s it – 3 methods to update your Radeon RX 580 driver. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any further questions. Thanks for reading!