Asus VG248QE Driver Free Download & Update Easily
Searching all over the Internet for your Asus VG248QE driver so that your monitor can have the claimed 144Hz refresh rate? You’ve come to the right place!
Check out this guide and you’ll be enjoying the life-like viewing experience as promised in no time! 😉
What I might want to know…
In fact, ASUS’s official website doesn’t provide a monitor driver for our Asus VG248QE gaming monitor simply because it doesn’t need one. Like most typical monitors, our Asus VG248QE gaming monitor is perfectly compatible with our computer and doesn’t need a separate monitor driver to have the designated viewing effects.
But if you are running into problems like Asus VG248QE showing as generic PnP monitor and no 144hz, as many users have reported, it’s highly recommended you update your graphics driver for the best performance of your monitor.
Try these methods
To update our graphics driver manually, we might first have to check out what graphics card we’re using, then go to the manufacturer’s official website, find out the latest (and correct) driver version, download and install it all on our own.
It needs time, patience, and certain levels of computer skills. If you’re not comfortable playing with device drivers, or worrying about any risks in the process, jump to Method 2.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste devmgmt.msc into the box and click OK.
2) Locate and double-click on Display adapters (aka. Graphics card, Video card) and you can see your brand and model of graphics card right below.
(Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 in my case).
3) Go to the official website and check out the Support section for driver downloads.
4) Enter your model type of the graphics card, find out and click the right download link for your variant of Windows operating system. Usually a few download options will be listed but you might want to click the first result for the latest driver version.
5) Check the downloaded file:
- If it’s an executable(whose name ends in .exe), then go with steps 5) and 6).
- If it’s zip file(whose name ends in .zip), you might have to unzip it first, then go with 7).
6) Double-click on the file to install.
7) Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
8) After the un-zip, see if there’s an executable(whose name ends in .exe)
If yes, double-click on the .exe file to install. Then restart your computer for changes to take effect.
If no, then check out this link for steps to install your graphics driver manually.
If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
There you have it – to manually and automatically download & update your graphics card driver for the best performance of your Asus VG248QE monitor performance. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any other further questions. 🙂