Many Omegle users have reported problems with their camera — their camera doesn’t work with the website. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry. You’re not the only one… and you should be able to fix the problem quite easily using one of the solutions we’ve listed below.
Try these fixes
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you:
- Clear your browser cache
- Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Use another browser
- Update your device drivers
Fix 1: Clear your browser cache
Once you see your camera isn’t working on Omegle, the first thing you should try is to clear your browser cache. To do so:
- On your web browser, press the Ctrl, Shift and Del/Delete keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Select the time range that covers every cookies and cache.
- Select the checkboxes of Cookies and Cache.
- Click the Clear button.
If clearing browser cache works for you, you should be able to use your camera on Omegle. But if not, don’t worry. There are still other fixes for you to try…
Fix 2: Temporarily disable your antivirus
Your firewall or antivirus software can sometimes cause interference to your camera. To see if that’s the case for you, temporarily disable your firewall and see if the problem remains. (You may need to consult your firewall documentation for instructions on disabling it.)
If this resolves your problem, You can contact the vendor of your firewall and ask them for advice. Or you can install a different antivirus solution.
Fix 3: Use another browser
Perhaps it is the browser you are using that is interrupting the connection of your camera. And to see if that’s the case for you, try using a different web browser. If this works for you, then great! But if not, you may need to…
Fix 4: Update your device drivers
If the device drivers (e.g. camera driver) on your computer are wrong or out of date, your camera may not be able to work properly. To fix this issue, you should update your drivers. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to do that, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to your device to download the correct version of its driver, then you can manually install it. Or click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all the drivers. (This requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.