HDMI Port Not Working [SOLVED]
Many computer users have reported problems with their HDMI port. They’re getting no image or sound coming out from their devices when they’re using that port. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry. You’re not the only one… and you should be able to fix the problem quite easily using one of the solutions we’ve listed below. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you:
- Configure your computer display settings
- Update or reinstall your graphics driver
- Restart and reconnect your devices
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
If you are using multiple monitors on your computer and you get an issue with your HDMI port, it might be happening because you’re using the wrong display setting. So it’s a good idea to check this setting on your computer and make sure you use the right settings to display your screen.
To check your computer display settings, press the Windows logo key and P on your keyboard at the same time. A list of display modes will appear.
The difference between each mode is as follows:
- PC screen/Computer only — Only using the first monitor.
- Duplicate — Displaying the same content on both monitors.
- Extend — Using both monitors to display an extended desktop.
- Second screen/Projector only — Only using the second monitor.
Experiment with each mode and select the option that is the best match for your needs. If your display settings are correct, you will be able to see images on the screen connected via HDMI.
You may experience problems with your HDMI port if you’re using an incorrect graphics driver or it’s out of date. You should try updating or reinstalling your graphics driver and see if this helps you resolve your problem. There are two options for you to update your driver:
Option 1: You can do it manually. Uninstall the graphics driver on your computer. Then go to the official manufacturer’s website for your graphics card and download the graphics driver. After that, install it on your computer. It’s important to make sure you use the right website and download the right driver for your operating system.
Option 2: You can update your driver automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and Install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem driver.
3) Click the Update button next to your graphics adapter to automatically download the correct driver for this device, then you can manually install it. You can also hit Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on Update All).
In addition to updating your drivers, you can also use Driver Easy to uninstall your driver (in this case, you’ll also need the Pro version).
1) Open Driver Easy and click Tools.
2) Click Driver Uninstall and you’ll see a list of device drivers. Locate your graphics driver and then click the Uninstall button. The driver you select will be removed soon.
Sometimes restarting and reconnecting your devices is an effective method to get your HDMI port work again. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Disconnect all your HDMI cables from your ports.
2) Shut down all your devices (your computer, monitor and TV) completely and unplug their power cables (and battery if you are using a laptop).
3) Leave them for five minutes.
4) Plug the power cables (and the battery) back in.
5) Connect the HDMI cables back to your devices.
6) Power on the devices.
Now see if you can use your HDMI port.
If your HDMI connection is still not working, it’s likely there are hardware issues with your HDMI port, cable or your devices. In this case, there are a few things you need to do:
First, replace your HDMI cable with a new one. This will resolve any problems you might be experiencing due to your cable.
If changing the cable doesn’t work for you, try your HDMI connection with another TV or monitor or another computer. If there are problems with any of your devices, you should get them repaired or replaced.