This post will show you how to download or update the printer driver for your Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
Canon MX490 printer is one of the printer in Canon PIXMA series printers. It works on Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
If your Canon printer is not working properly as it should be, for instance, you see the certain errors when trying to print, the printer’s status is offline, you should really consider getting your printer driver updated.
Try these fixes to update Canon MX490 driver
- Download and update the Canon MX490 printer driver manually
- Download and update the Canon MX490 printer driver automatically
Method 1: Download and update the Canon MX490 printer driver manually
You can manually download the Canon MX490 driver in your Windows computer. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1) Go to the Canon Driver and Software download page.
2) In the search box, type “MX490“, and click PIXMA MX490 in the search result, then click Go.
3) Click Drivers & Downloads.
4) Under the Recommended Driver(s) section, click Select, then click Download.
5) Run the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
This is time consuming. If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. There is something else to try.
Method 2: Download and update the Canon MX490 printer driver automatically
Manually downloading and installing the Canon MX490 driver requires time and computer skills. If you don’t have patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged printer driver to automatically download and install the correct version the this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer to make it take effect.
This is rather easy to update your Canon MX490 printer driver, right?
There you have it – the easy methods to download or update Canon MX490 driver for Windows. Feel free to add a comment below if you have any questions, and we’ll see what more we can do to help.