Want to download and update Canon MX492 drivers for your Windows computer? You’ve come to the right place! This post will show you how to download or update the drivers for Canon MX492 printers (and also other MX series printers).
In addition, if there is something wrong with your Canon printer, such as your printer not printing, printer offline, or error code on your printer, you should update your printer driver to the latest version to fix these problems.
There are two ways you can update your Canon MX492 driver:
Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple or mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
As a manufacturer, Canon provides printer drivers for their products on the website. To get the Canon MX492 driver:
- Go to the Canon download center, find the driver for Canon PIXMA MX492 printer.
- Go to the product result page, then go to the Drivers & Downloads section. Click the driver package to download.
Be sure to find the latest version that is compatible with the OS running in your computer.
Once downloaded, double click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Canon MX492 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
There you go. Hope this post helps download and update Canon MX492 driver in your Windows computer. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know and we’ll see what more we can do.