If you ever encounter the CIV 5 crashing problem, don’t worry. Here’re 3 fixes that have helped other users resolve this issue. Read on and check them out…
3 fixes for the CIV 5 crashing problem
All the fixes below work in Windows 10. Just work your way down the list until the CIV 5 crashing problem is resolved.
Sometimes CIV 5 crashes because there’re broken or missing files on your system. So you should verify the game files to make sure any corrupt files fixed and missing files installed to see if it fixes the CIV 5 crashing issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Steam.
- Click Library, then locate and right-click on Sid Meier’s Civilization in your list of games and click Properties.
- Click LOCAL FILES > VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE.
- Wait until the game cache verification finishes and relaunch Steam.
- Open CIV 5 and hopefully the CIV 5 crashing problem has been fixed.
This CIV 5 crashing problem may occur if you are using the wrong graphics driver or it’s out of date. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer and then launch CIV 5 to see if the CIV 5 crashing problem has been fixed. If yes, then congrats! But if the problem persists, don’t worry, here’s one more fix for you to try.
DirectX is feature developed by Microsoft to allow for a more smooth gaming experience for gamers. So you should always make sure to have the latest DirectX installed on your computer to stop game crashes.
To check the DirectX version on your computer:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key, then copy & paste dxdiag into the box and click dxdiag.
- Check out your DirectX version in the first page of the report.
To update the DirectX to the latest version on your computer:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type check. Then click Check for updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions so that Windows Update will automatically download & install the latest DirectX for you (included in the updates).
- Run CIV 5 in Steam and see if the crashing problem has been fixed.
How have the methods above helped you with the troubleshooting? Do you have any ideas or tips to share with us? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.