Download Mouse Driver for Windows 7 [Solved]
If you’re using Windows 7 and want to have a better experience with your mouse, you should update your mouse driver.
There are three ways to update your mouse driver for Windows 7:
- Update your mouse driver for Windows 7 manually
- Update your mouse driver for Windows 7 automatically (Recommended)
- Update your mouse driver for Windows 7 via Device Manager
You can first head to the hardware manufacturer’s website and search for the latest driver for your mouse. Be sure to choose the driver that’s compatible with the exact model number of your mouse, and your version of Windows. Then download and install the driver manually.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your mouse driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to any flagged devices to automatically download the correct version of their drivers, then you can install them manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install them all automatically. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below to update your mouse driver through Device Manager:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to access Device Manager.
- Expand the Mic and other pointing devices entry.
- Right-click on your mouse, and select Update Driver Software…
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows can’t find a driver update for your device, you may see something like this:
Then you need to use Option 1 or 2, above, to update your mouse driver on Windows 7.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.