Do you have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti video card, and having graphical issues such as game stuttering? If so, then your video card driver is likely outdated or faulty. You want to make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date so it can function properly. This article will walk you through how to download and install your new GTX 980 Ti driver.
How do I update my driver?
There’s two ways to download and install the new version of your GTX 980 Ti driver:
Manually – You would need to go to the Nvidia website, and search for the driver for your graphics card and Windows version. Note that if you want to make sure your driver is constantly up-to-date, you need to check their website quite often because they update the drivers on a frequent basis.
Option 1: Automatically (Recommended!)
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact video card and your Windows version, and will download and install it correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then you’ll need to install it via Device Manager.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restart your PC for the new drivers to take effect. If you wish to download and install the new version of your GTX 980 Ti driver via the manual way, refer to the instructions below.
Option 2: Manual update via Nvidia Package Launcher
Nvidia updates its drivers all the time. You can find the latest driver for your video card and your Windows version on the official website:
- Visit the GeForce drivers download page.
- Under MANUAL DRIVER SEARCH, fill out the search fields:
Product Type: GeForce.
Product Series: GeForce 900 Series.
Product: GeForce GTX 980 Ti.
Operating System: choose according to your Windows version.
Language: choose according to your preference.
Download Type: All.
- If you don’t know your Windows version, in the search bar next to the Start button, type system info then click System information.
- Check for OS Name and System Type. Take mine for example, the operating system will be Windows 10 64-bit.
- Once you filled out all the search fields, click START SEARCH.
- Scroll down a bit to find the results. Look for the latest driver available then click GET DOWNLOAD.
- Click DOWNLOAD NOW.
- In your Downloads folder, locate the Nvidia package launcher then double-click it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once you restart your PC to make the new driver take effect, you should see better performance with the updated driver.
Hopefully this article helps! Please feel free to leave a comment if you have any further questions.