Your Techkey Bluetooth adapter requires the correct driver to function properly on your computer. The adapter might not work as expected if the driver is missing or outdated.
There’re mainly 2 ways you can install the latest Bluetooth driver for your Techkey dongle:
Option 1: Manually – This requires a certain level of computer knowledge. You need to use the Device Manager, or look for the correct driver on the manufacturer’s website.
Option 2: Automatically (Recommended) – This might be the quickest and easiest way to get all the latest drivers for your computer. All you need is a few clicks.
Option 1: Install the Techkey Bluetooth driver manually
If you’re a tech-savvy user, you can try to install the driver for your Techkey Bluetooth adapter manually. To do so, follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Win+R (the Windows logo key and the r key) to invoke the Run dialog. Type or paste devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Double click Bluetooth to expand the category, then right-click your Bluetooth adapter (the one starts with Qualcomm) and select Update driver.
- Click Search automatically for drivers. Windows will then try to search and download the Bluetooth driver. (But be advised that Windows usually won’t get your the latest driver, which you’ll need to download manually from the manufacturer’s website.)
Option 2: Install the Techkey Bluetooth driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your Bluetooth driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact Bluetooth adapter, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
(This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. If you don’t want to pay for the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you need with the free version; you just have to download them one at a time, and manually install them, the normal Windows way.)
After installing the latest Bluetooth driver, check if you can now connect your Bluetooth device on your computer.
Hopefully this post helped you install the latest Techkey Bluetooth driver. If you have any doubts or ideas, simply leave a comment and we’ll get back to you.