If you have a USB to RS232 cable at home and it can’t work properly, you’ll need to find the correct driver for your device.
But there are lots of brands produce USB to RS232 convert adapters in the market. Different versions of adapter each have a specific driver. So how to find the exact driver for your device?
How to download the USB to RS232 Driver?
Usually, there are two ways you can get the right drivers:
- Manually — Go to manufacture official website to download drivers
- Automatically — Use Driver Easy to download and install the drivers automatically
For option 1, download drivers manually: You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way. Because you need to go to the manufacturer’s official website find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
But in this case, it is difficult to find the exact manufacturer which provide drivers for your USB to RS232 convert adapter. Therefore, we recommend using Driver Easy to help you download and install the correct driver automatically.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your device. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Hope this article will meet your needs. If you have any questions, please leave comments below, we’ll try our best to help.