It’s quite frustrating to see the error Failed to create a graphics device whenever you are about to play games. Don’t worry. There are solutions to fix Failed to create a graphics device.
How to fix Failed to create a graphics device?
Here’re the fixes for you to try. You don’t need to try them all; just work your way down when you find the one that works.
What is Failed to create a graphics device?
As the error message suggested, there is something wrong with your graphics card configurations, or with the programs related to graphics.
This error is also displayed as Failed to create graphics device, or Unable to create graphics device.
As many errors and issues can be solved by restarting the system, it works like a charm for many users.
Just close your game, restart your PC, and open your game again to see if it works properly now.
If the error occurs again after restarting Windows, you can try reinstalling your graphics card to fix the error.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo keyand R at the same time to invoke the Run command.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3) Double click Display adapters to expand it, and right click on your graphics card device, then select Uninstall device.
4) Check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device, then click Uninstall to confirm.
5) Restart your computer/laptop, then Windows will automatically install the video card driver for you.
6) Open your game again to see if it works now.
The missing or outdated graphics driver can also cause the error. You can try update your graphics card driver to fix Failed to create a graphics device.
There are two ways you can update your keyboard driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update the driver – You can update your video adapter driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website of your graphics card, and searching for the latest driver for your video card. Make sure that the driver is matched with your Windows OS and your laptop model. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatically update the driver – If you don’t have time or patience to manually update the driver, you can do that automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your Windows system and find the correct driver for your video adapter. You don’t need to risk downloading the wrong video card driver.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged graphics card device name to automatically download and install the correct version of those driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart your computer and open your game to see if it works.
These are the 3 easy ways to fix Failed to create graphics device in your Windows. If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to comment below and we’ll see what more we can do to help.