How to Fix Fallout 4 Crash on Startup in Computer
Fallout 4 crash on startup and you don’t know what you’ve done to cause the problem? Don’t worry! There are solutions to fix the issue. This article introduces 4 easy ways to fix the Fallout 4 crashing on startup.
How to fix Fallout 4 Crash on Startup?
- Reinstall Fallout 4 in your computer
- Update your graphics card driver
- Temporarily disable the antivirus program
- Configure settings in your Fallout 4
The bugs in the game can cause the crashing issue, so you can try to install the latest patches by reinstalling Fallout 4. To make it a full update, you should fully uninstall it and then reinstall Fallout 4.
1) Open Steam on your computer, and go to your game library.
2) Right click on Fallout 4, and select Uninstall.
3) Click Yes to confirm when you see Delete local content.
4) Delete any related mods and files of Fallout 4 in your computer.
5) Restart your PC and reinstall Fallout 4 to try it again.
The missing or outdated graphics card driver can cause Fallout 4 crashing, so you make sure that your video card and its driver both work correctly. There are two ways to update your graphics card driver: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update – You can update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website and searching for the most recent correct driver. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Automatic driver update – Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to all flagged devices to automatically download and install the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer and open your Fallout 4.
As known, the antivirus program in your computer is possible incompatible with your Steam games, including Fallout 4. So you can check your antivirus program. To do so, follow these steps:
1) Temporarily disable the antivirus programs installed in your computer.
2) Open your Fallout 4 in your computer to see if it works.
3) If your Fallout 4 restarts to works, it should be an issue with your antivirus program, and you should add Fallout 4 into the exception in your antivirus program.
If the issue persists, try the following method.
Sometimes the improper settings in your Fallout 4 can cause the crash problem. You should check the settings below:
1) Check your computer resolution and the resolution set in your Fallout 4, and make sure the both resolution is the same.
2) Go to the Graphics Adapter and Resolution settings in your Fallout 4, and check Windowed Mode and Borderless.
3) Uncheck Enable Intro Video (or check Disable Intro Video) in your Fallout 4 settings.
4) Uncheck Enable God rays in your Fallout 4 settings.
Save the settings and restart your Fallout 4 to see if it works now.
These the the 4 easy solutions to fix Fallout 4 crash on startup. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.