[Fixed] Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver Issues
This post shows you how to fix Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver issues by updating your driver in your laptop or notebook.
What is Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver
Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver is a critical driver software to communicate your laptop battery with Windows system. Under two circumstances you should update your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver:
- Your battery is not working properly, and you’re having problems with your laptop battery such as “plugged in not charging“.
- Keeping your battery driver up to date can bring you the best possible experiences when charging with your laptop battery.
How to update Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver
You can manually download and update the driver for your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery manually. Here’s what you need to do:
- On your computer keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Double click Battery to expand the category, and right click your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver, then click Uninstall device.
- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification.
- Restart your laptop and Windows will reinstall the driver for you.
This method requires time and computer skills. If this method doesn’t work for you, don’t worry. You can try Method 2.
If you don’t have time or patience, you can update your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
That’s it – to manually or automatically update your Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do.