What are the system requirements for Fortnite
As one of the most popular games in 2018, Fortnite brings us so much fun, and you may want to try Fortnite’s battle royale mode. But you may be wondering if you can run Fortnite in your computer? Read on and you’ll know the Fortnite system requirements.
What are the system requirements for Fortnite?
- Minimum system requirements for Fortnite
- Recommended system requirements for Fortnite
- How to check system information in my computer
- Bonus Tip
Here are the minimum system requirements for Fortnite, and make sure to meet the minimum requirements to play the game.
|Operating System||Windows 10/8/7|
|Video Card||Intel HD 4000|
|Memory||4 GB RAM|
|Processor||Core i3 2.4 Ghz|
|HDD Space||16 GB|
The recommended system requirements represent the ideal situation to run the program. And the Fortnite recommended system requirements for PC are as below:
|Operating System||Windows 10/8/7|
|Video Card||Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Processor||Core i5 2.8 Ghz|
|HDD Space||20 GB|
Since you’ve known the minimum and recommended system requirements to play Fortnite, you should also know the system specifications in your PC. You can check the system information by following the steps below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type dxdiag and click OK.
- In DirectX Diagnostic Tool under the System tab, you can check the OS and system type, the Processor, Memory, and the DirectX version.
- Click the Display tab, and you’ll see the graphics card information.
Compare your system information and see if it meets the system requirements for Fortnite.
Your graphics card plays a critical role in playing games, and the graphics card driver decides whether your graphics card can bring you the best possible performance. So you should keep your graphics card driver up to date.
Updating your graphics card driver can prevent your PC and your game from generating various issues like crashing.
There are two ways to update your graphics card driver: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update – You can go to the manufacturer’s website, find the latest driver for your graphics card, then download and install it in your computer. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatic driver update – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Open Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan the problem drivers in your computer.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged video card to automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Then install it in your computer.
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to take effect.
So there you have it – Fortnite system requirements in your computer, plus the bonus tips to improve your system performance. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see what more we can do.