Windows 10 Slow Boot or Startup – 2018 Easy Guide [Solved]
Are you frustrated by the slow boot problem on Windows 10? Many users are struggling with this problem, especially if they’ve upgrade to Windows 10 upgrade from an earlier version of Windows. But don’t worry. We’ve put together some easy and helpful methods that usually fix the problem.
How do I fix Windows 10 slow boot?
- Disable Fast Startup
- Disable Processes with High Startup Impact
- Update your graphics card driver
- Do a clean install of Windows 10
Fast Startup is a default enabled feature in Windows 10. It is supposed to reduce startup time by pre-loading some boot information before your PC shuts off. It works in a similar manner as Hibernation. But many users have reported it’s causing issues.
5) Reboot your Windows 10 device and check to see if it boots quickly. If you’re still experiencing a slow boot, you can move onto our next method.
4) Reboot your Windows 10 computer and check to see if it boots quickly. If it still boots slowly, you can move on to our third method.
If there’re any old or corrupted drivers on your Windows 10 PC, this can cause your computer to boot slowly. You can update your device drivers to solve your problem.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. You sound driver is no exception.
3)With the Free version: Click the Update button next to a flagged display driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver.
With the Pro version: Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (Plus you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
4) Reboot your Windows 10 computer and check to see if it boots quickly.
If none of the previous three tips worked, you can choose to do a clean install of Windows 10 on your computer.
See How to do a clean install of Windows 10.
Hopefully by following the above methods, you’ll find a solution that works for you so your computer starts up quickly again.