Fortnite is definitely one of the most popular online video games in 2018. Want to play Fortnite with your friends? Download it first!
Follow these steps:
- Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirement for Fortnite
- Download Fortnite from its official website
- Bonus tip: Update your drivers to boost gaming performance
Before downloading Fortnite, you should check the basic specs of your PC. Here are the minimum system requirements for Fortnite.
- The minimum system requirements for Fortnite:
|Operating System:||Windows 10/8/7|
|Graphics Card:||Intel HD 4000|
|Memory:||4 GB RAM|
|Processor:||Core i3 2.4 Ghz|
|HDD Space:||16 GB|
Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirement for Fortnite. If you don’t know the basic specs of your PC, you can follow the instructions below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type dxdiag and press Enter. Click Yes if you’re prompted for permission.
- Under the System tab, you can check the information of the operating system, processor, memory, and DirectX version on your PC.
- Click the Display tab to view the information of your graphics card.
As we all know, it’s never the ideal way to play Fortnite with a PC which just meets its minimum hardware requirements. So we also list the recommended system requirements for Fortnite below.
- The recommended system requirements for Fortnite:
|Operating System:||Windows 10/8/7|
|Graphics Card:||Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU|
|Memory:||8 GB RAM|
|Processor:||Core i5 2.8 Ghz|
|HDD Space:||20 GB|
If your PC meets the minimum system requirements for Fortnite, you can download Fortnite from its official website. Here is how to do it:
- Click here to visit the official website of Epic Games (the developer of Fortnite).
- Click GAMES on the top of its web page. Then select FORTNITE.
- You’ll be redirected to the web page of Fortnite. Click GET FORTNITE, then click PLAY FREE NOW.
- Select PC / MAC.
- The website will detect the operating system you’re currently using. Several seconds later, you’ll see the following window. Click Save to start downloading the installation package of the Epic Games Launcher.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Epic Games Launcher.
- Run the Epic Games Launcher when it is installed on your PC. You can sign in using your Facebook account, or you can click the Sign up link to create a Epic Games account using your E-mail.
- After you signed in, click FORTNITE then click Install.
- Click Install to start downloading Fortnite.It may takes a white. The time it takes depends on the download speed of your network.
- When Fortnite is installed on your PC, you can click Launch to play Fortnite. You can also launch Fortnite by double-clicking its shortcut on your desktop.
By updating your drivers, especially your graphics driver, you can not only keep your graphics card in good condition, but also avoid many unexpected issue while playing games. What’s more, you can even boost gaming performance.
There are two ways to update your graphics card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually update your graphics driver – You can update your graphics driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website, and searching for the latest driver for your graphics card. Be sure to choose the driver that’s compatible with your exact graphics card model and your version of Windows.
Update your graphics driver automatically – If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics driver manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update next to your graphics card to automatically download the correct version of its driver, then you can install it manually. Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee).If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, let’s enjoy the game! If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave your comment below.