How to Find Computer Specs Windows 10
Whether you’re going computer shopping or trying to fix a computer problem, it may help you think better if you know the computer specifications in detail.
If you wonder how to find the information — well, you found me — this article will show you all the ways to view computer specs on Windows 10 PC. Just read on and there’s a bonus tip in the last section.
- View basic computer specs through System Properties.
- View entire computer specs through System Information.
- View detailed computer specs through Command Prompt.
- Bonus tip
Firstly, You may want to find out the Windows edition and system type of the computer. You can quickly access the information through Windows System — On your keyboard, press the Windows logokey and Pause/Break key simultaneously to open the System window.
You can get the entire information about all types of hardware connected with your computer through System Information. There are two ways to get the information: through the search box or the Run box.
- Type system information or msinfo32 in the Windows search box, then press Enter.
A window will pop up.(See screenshot below.)
- If the search box doesn’t appear in the taskbar, you can open the System Information window via the Run box. To do so:
- Press the Windows logo key and I key at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type msinfo32, and press Enter.
The System Information window will then appear. (See screenshot below.)
You can also use Command Prompt to extract a lot of information regarding your system, including memory, architecture, BIOS version, details about network adapter etc. Follow me:
- Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen, then select Command Prompt(Admin).
- In the almost black window, type systeminfo and press Enter. You can then see a list of information.
If you have made the right purchase or have sorted out your PC problem, it’s advisable to regularly check for driver issues, as many computer professionals do, for the well being of your PC.
There are two ways you can update your drivers:
Option 1 — Manually — You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 — Automatically (Recommended) — This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Device manufacturers keep updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version (for example, Windows 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
Once you’ve downloaded the correct drivers for your system, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update all your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to a flagged driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version which comes with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)If you have any issues with Driver Easy, you can contact Driver Easy’s support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. They’d be happy to assist you. Remember to attach the URL of this article so that they can help you better.