Antimalware Service Executable(MsMpEng) High CPU Windows 10 [Solved]
Does this look familiar?
If the Antimalware Sevice Executable process takes up high CPU on your Windows 10, don’t worry.We have a quick for you.
What is Antimalware Service Executable?
Antimalware Service Executable is the background process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) run by Windows Defender. It can protect your PC from malware.
How do I fix it?
Fix 1: Change Windows Defender’s schedule
Fix 2: Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list
Fix 3: Additional tip <Try this addition tip if your commputer still runs slowly>
The error is mainly due to its real-time protection feature. So we can change Windows Defender’s schedule to fix it.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the sametime to invoke the Run box.
2) Type taskschd.msc and press Enter.
2) Double-click on Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
3) Double-click Windows Defender in Windows. Then double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
4) Uncheck Run with highest privileges.
5) Uncheck all the items in the Conditions section. Then click OK.
With the steps above, your error should be fixed now.
If unfortunately it didn’t serve you, make sure to try another fix below.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the sametime to open the Settings window.
2) Click Update & security.
2) Click Windows Defender. Then click Add an exclusion in Exclusions.
3) Click Exclude a .exe, .com or .scr process
4) Type MsMpEng.exe. Then click OK.
Now you have added Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender exclusion list. The error should be fixed by now.
If, after trying the above, your PC is still running slow, it’s advised to update your device drivers. The latest drivers can keep your computer running stable and quickly.
If you have no time, no patience playing around with drivers, let Driver Easy help you. You can try its Free version, and update your drivers one by one. But if upgrade to Pro version, you can update all your missing and outdated drivers automatically with just one-click. It comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee and professional tech support 24/7. Thus no worry to take it a try!