If your Logitech wireless mouse stops working, don’t worry. You can fix the problem with one of the below methods. These methods has helped many users resolve their Logitech wireless mouse (Logitech M325, M185, M510, M705, M570, etc.) not working issue.
We’ve put together five methods below for you to fix the Logitech wireless mouse not working properly issue. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down at the top of the list until you find the one that works for you.
Before getting started
Firstly, ensure the power switch on the mouse is not turned off suddenly. If the power switch on the mouse is off, the mouse won’t connect and won’t work properly. So the first thing to do is confirm the switch is set to ON. For most of the wireless mouses, the power switch is at the back of the mouse or at the bottom of the mouse.
If you confirm the power switch is on, go on and try the methods.
Try these fixes
- Method 1: Remove the unifying receiver and batteries for 5 seconds
- Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the mouse driver
- Method 3: Update the mouse driver
- Method 4: Change USB port
- Method 5: Test the receiver on another computer
- Method 6: Replace the batteries
- Method 7: Try using the mouse on a different surface
- Method 8: Try the mouse on a different computer
To fix the Logitech wireless mouse stopped working issue, the easiest method is to remove the unifying receiver and batteries for about 5 seconds. You may be wondering why this would work. Removing and re-inserting the device would allow the device to restart and allow the computer to re-recognize the device.
From the comments below, we can tell this method has worked for many users. So you can have a try.
Usually, mouse can work automatically without manually installing driver. Windows will install the driver for the mouse once it’s connected to the computer. But the mouse driver can work out of order without your knowledge. To fix your Logitech wireless mouse not working issue, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the mouse driver.
Note: To follow the steps, your need to have your mouse work sometimes. But if your mouse doesn’t work at all, use your keyboard instead.
1) On your keyboard, press Win+R (the Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to invoke the run box.
2) Type devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key on your keyboard to open Device Manager.
3) On your keyboard, press the Tab key to go to the device list and use the arrow key to locate category Mice and other pointing devices. Press Alt + right arrow keys together to expand the category (If you want to close the category, press Alt + left arrow keys.). You will see Logitech mouse under this category.
4) Use a arrow key to locate the Logitech mouse device, then press Shift + F10 keys to open the context menu. Select Uninstall to uninstall the driver.
5) Restart your computer and check to see if the problem is resolved.
If the mouse stills not works, go to Method 3.
Method 3: Update the mouse driver
Logitech official often updates their mouse drivers on their websites. If the mouse driver is outdated, the problem can occur. To fix your Logitech wireless mouse not working issue, you can try to update the mouse driver.
If your mouse occasionally works, you can use Driver Easy to update drivers in your computer.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged mouse driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) After updating the driver, check to see if the problem is resolved.
If the problem continues to occur, go to Method 4.
If the USB hub can’t provide the enough power to the mouse, the problem can occur. To fix Logitech wireless mouse not working issue, you can try to connect the unifying receiver to the computer via another USB port.
Unplug the receiver from the USB port and plug it to another USB port. Then check to see if the problem is resolved. Keep doing this until you’ve tried all USB ports on your computer.
If you’re using desktop, you can also try the USB ports at the back of the case.
If the problem cannot be resolved, go to Method 5.
Method 5: Test the receiver on another computer
Defective receiver can cause Logitech wireless mouse not to work. To find out if the receiver is the cause, you can test it on another computer.
Here’s how to test the receiver on another computer:
1) Open Device Manager on another computer ( refer to the steps in Method 2).
2) Expand the category Mice and other pointing devices.
3) Plug the receiver to one of the USB ports on the computer.
4) If the receiver can be recognized by the computer, you’ll see a new HID-compliant mouse show under the category Mice and other pointing devices. In this case, it means the receiver has no problems. The go to Method 6.
If you don’t see any changes under the category Mice and other pointing devices, it means the receiver can’t be recognized by the computer. It’s probably broken. You may need to replace it with a new receiver.
The wireless mouse relies on AA alkaline batteries for power. If the batteries are having problems, your Logitech wireless mouse won’t have enough power to perform.
You can remove and insert the batteries again to see if the problem persists. If the problem persists, you can replace the batteries with new pair. Also check if the spring in the battery compartiment is fixed. Try to remove the batteries, then move the spring a little bit, and place the battery back.
If this method doesn’t fix the problem, go to Method 7.
Electrical items and metal items may interfere with the signal of the mouse. Keep the mouse and the receiver away from the electrical items such as cordless or cellular telephones or other wireless mouse devices or receivers. Do not put the mouse or the receiver on metal surface or objects, especially long metal rails or cables.
If this method doesn’t work for you, go to Method 8.
Try the mouse on a different computer. This will help determine if the mouse is dead.
If the mouse works on another computer, the device is working properly. If the device doesn’t work on another computer, you can consider replacing the mouse with a new one.
Hopefully the methods above help you resolve Logitech wireless mouse not working issue. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.