If you’re looking to update DirectX on your Windows 10 computer, you’ve come to the right place. Read on and check it out…
Pre-step: Check your version of DirectX
If you’re not sure what version of DirectX your computer is running, you can check it before doing an update. (Jump to 3 steps to update DirectX if you know the current version isn’t the latest).
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key , then copy & paste dxdiag into the box and click dxdiag.
- Check out your DirectX version in the first page of the report.
To update DirectX in Windows 10, you might need to use Windows Update since there’s no stand-alone package of DirectX available in Windows 10.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type check. Then click Check for updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions so that Windows Update will automatically download & install the latest DirectX for you (included in the updates).
Bonus trick: Use Driver Easy to further improve your gaming experience
A latest version of DirectX sure has it merit in improving our gaming experience, but making sure we have the most up-to-date sound and graphics drivers can just be as important.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
That’s it. Hope this article serves its purpose and feel free to comment below if you have any other further questions.