How to Fix Blurry Screen in Computer
If you find your computer screen is blurry, don’t worry. You can fix the blurry screen issues quickly and easily.
Why is my monitor blurry?
The blurry screen issues presents with different symptoms, so you may get blurry text on your display, or apps are blurry, especially on external monitor. Sometimes you may see blurry fonts on your computer, and that’s one of the problems for blurry screen.
With that said, the reasons for the blurry screen issue are different. If the screen resolutions are different in two displays, apps or text will become blurred if you move them from one monitor to another. And the monitor driver issue can also cause the blurry screen.
But don’t worry. We will help you fix your problem and get a clear screen.
Try these fixes:
Before you try, ensure to keep your monitor screen clean and dry. If you’re using multiple displays, remember to adjust all the monitor screen resolutions to the same.
- Check the monitor connection issue
- Enable Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry
- Reinstall your graphics card driver
- Change DPI settings for your monitor
- Change DPI scaling settings for your app
Sometimes your monitor USB cable may be loose or damaged, and that will affect the monitor signal. So your monitor is blurry. Be sure to check your monitor cable and make sure it works properly. Meanwhile, the display port of your monitor should be checked to make sure it’s connecting correctly.
You can simply unplug and re-plug your monitor and see if it fixes the problem.
If your hardware is perfect and the blurry screen problem still persists, don’t worry. You can try the following solutions.
When you see the blurriness happen to your computer, usually you’ll see a notification popup saying “Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry“. If you see this notification, agree to let Windows fix the blurry issues.
In addition, if you’re using Windows 10, you can enable this feature and fix the blurry screen issue by following these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time.
- Click System in the Settings pane.
- In the Display section, click Advanced scaling settings.
- Toggle to turn on Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not blurry.
- Restart your computer and see if it fixes the blurry screen.
A driver faulty for your graphics card can cause the blurry screen, so you can reinstall your graphics card driver to fix the problem.
There are two ways to reinstall your graphics card driver: manually and automatically.
Manually reinstall the driver – You can uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager, then find the latest version of your video card from the manufacturer’s website, download and install it in your computer.
Automatically reinstall the driver – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Tools.
- Click Driver Uninstall, and double click Display adapters. Select your graphics card and click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and Windows will reinstall the graphics card driver for you.
Check if your screen becomes normal.
You can also change the DPI scaling settings to fix the blurry screen or blurry apps.
If your screen is blurry, you can modify the monitor’s DPI settings.
If you’re using Windows 10:
- Press the Windows logo key and I at the same time on your keyboard.
- Click System in the Settings pane.
- In the Display section, ensure to select 100% for Scale and layout.
Then Windows will apply the changes. Check and see if your screen gets clear.
If you’re using Windows 8 and Windows 7:
- Open Control Panel in your computer, and view by small icons or large icons.
- Click Display.
- Choose 100% for the size of text and other items on your screen, then click Apply.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Check if your screen is still blurry.
A program may look blurry if the DPI for your main display changes. So you can enable Windows to fix the scaling problem for this program. Here’s how to do it:
- Type the name of the app in the search box on your desktop, right click on the app and select Open file location.
- Right click on the application setup file, and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, and click Change high DPI settings.
- Check the box next to Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings.
- In the same pane, make sure to check the box next to Override high DPI scaling behavior. And choose Scaling performed by Application.
- Click OK to save the changes and restart your computer.
Check if the blurry problem has been fixed.
So there you have it – Five easy methods to fix blurry screen problems. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.