If you ever run into cx_Freeze Fatal Error, don’t worry. While this can be very frustrating, it is often not hard to fix at all…
Fixes for cx_Freeze Fatal Error
Fix 1: Update your graphics driver (nearly always fixes the error)
Perhaps the most common causes of this problem is an outdated or a faulty graphics driver. So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Check to see if the cx_Freeze Fatal Error issue is resolved. If yes, then great! If the error still occurs, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Reinstall the game
Many readers also report to run into this issue while playing games. This is because certain game files are corrupt or missing. So if you also encounter cx_Freeze Fatal Error during gameplay, you can reinstall the game to see if it fixes the issue.
Here we can the Steam client as an example of showing how to reinstall a game.
1) Launch Steam.
2) Click LIBRARY, locate the game that is giving you the cx_Freeze Fatal Error issue and select Uninstall.
3) You’ll be asked whether you want to delete the game, click DELETE to confirm the action.
4) Wait until the uninstall completes.
5) Restart Steam, then search in Store to find the game and download it.
6) Once your game is downloaded and installed on your computer, run the game to see if cx_Freeze Fatal Error is resolved.
Hopefully you have successfully resolved the cx_Freeze Fatal Error issue by now. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!