There is no sound coming from your Logitech G933 headset? You’re certainly not the only one troubled by such issue. Luckily, you can fix it in easy steps.
Here are 5 fixes proven by other users to solve the Logitech G933 no sound problem. You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick.
- Troubleshoot the hardware issue
- Run the audio troubleshooter
- Update your Logitech G933 driver
- Configure the sound settings correctly
- Reinstall the Logitech Gaming software
Fix 1 – Troubleshoot the hardware issues
Whenever you’re troubleshooting a headset with no sound, first verify it’s not a hardware issue. You can follow the steps to do a quick check:
- First, plug your Logitech G933 headset into another audio jack to inspect the port.
- Connect your headset to another machine to test if the device is intact. If it doesn’t play any sound neither, chances are that your headset is damaged, and you’d better contact Logitech for repair or replacement.
If your hardware works fine, the problem may be related to the sound settings, the audio driver or even the Logitech software you’ve installed. Keep reading for more corresponding solutions.
Fix 2 – Run the audio troubleshooter
Using the Windows audio troubleshooter is always a wise and effortless method to fix audio-related issues. Here’s how to get started:
- Type troubleshoot in the Windows search box and click Troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down to locate Playing Audio. Then click it and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the detected problems.
If Logitech G933 is still not playing sound, go to the next fix below.
Fix 3 – Update your Logitech G933 driver
The Logitech G933 no sound issue may occur if you’re using the wrong sound card driver of it’s out of date. So you can update your Logitech headset driver to see if that fixes the problem.
You can search for the latest sound driver from Logitech’s support website and then install it manually. But if you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You can also click Update to do it for free, but it’s partly manual.)
If you need assistance, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Does the headset work as normal now? If yes, then congrats! But if the no audio issue persists, you can head to the next fix below.
Fix 4 – Configure the sound settings correctly
If Logitech G933 headset is not set as the default playback device, the sound may not come out of this device. Follow the instructions to check your sound settings. And if it’s not correctly configured, just make it right.
- Type control panel in the search box and click Control Panel.
- Select Small icons from the drop-down menu next to View by, and click Sound.
- Right-click any empty space and tick Show Disabled Devices.
- Make sure your Logitech G933 headset is enabled. If not, right-click it and click Enable.
- Click your headset and click Set Default.
Now that you’ve set up the right settings, the Logitech G933 headset should be working without issue. If not, continue to Fix 5 to troubleshoot the Logitech software.
Fix 5 – Reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software
The Logitech Gaming Software can help users to customize their Logitech gears, but in some cases, this application will cause the G933 headsets to malfunction, particularly when a recent app update is released. To fix the compatibility issue, you can reinstall the program.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run command. Then, type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Click Logitech Gaming Software and click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fully uninstall the program.
- Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box again. Then, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click Logitech G933 Gaming Headset and click Uninstall device.
- Tick Delete the driver software for this device, and click Uninstall.
- Reboot your computer.
- Download Logitech Gaming Software from here, and reinstall it on your computer.
Try using your Logitech headset again and the sound should be played properly.
Hopefully the fixes above help you regain the sound of your Logitech G933 headset. If you have further questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments below.