If you’re using one of the Canon PIXMA series printers, it’s necessary to keep your corresponding drivers up to date. The reasons are quite simple: for one thing, updating drivers can fix many printer issues such as printer-not-working; for another, it keeps your Canon PIXMA printer running in good condition, to some extent.
After knowing the significance of updating your Canon PIXMA drivers, it’s now your turn to follow this tutorial and update the drivers step by step. Here are two ways you can do this:
Option 1 – Automatically (recommended): This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even you’re a computer newbie.
Option 2 – Manually: You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your driver this way, because you need to find exactly the right driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 1 – Automatically update your Canon PIXMA driver (recommended)
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy takes care of everything.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All). Or if you just want to update the Canon PIXMA driver for now, hit the Update button next to it.
Note: you can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
Option 2 – Manually update your Canon PIXMA driver
If you opt to update your Canon PIXMA driver manually, here’s the procedure:
1) Go to the official website of Canon.
2) On the pop-up page, scroll down and click Support.
3) Below Browse by Product Type, select Printers.
4) On the left, there’s a product list for the PIXMA series printers. Select the one you’re using.
5) On the next page, click Drivers & Downloads.
6) Expand Operating System and select your Windows version. Then, under Optional Driver(s), click the SELECT button next to your desired driver.
7) Click DOWNLOAD.
8) If you’re not sure how to download and install the driver manually, you can select How to Download and Install and then follow this tutorial.
9) After the driver has been updated successfully, reboot your computer and your printer for the changes to be fully implemented.
Hopefully this post is useful to you. If you have any further questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading! 😉