Recently users who update their computer to Windows 10, version 1903 have encountered a compatibility hold problem related to iastora.sys. If you are also in the same situation, dont worry. It is often not hard to fix at all.
To fix iaStorA.sys in Windows 10 Update
Here are two fixes that have helped many users resolve the iaStorA.sys error. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
This problem may occur if you have the outdated IRST drivers on your computer. So you should update the IRST drivers to see if it fixes the problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
4) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
5) Keep an eye for your computer to see if the iaStorA.sys problem is resolved. If yes, then congrats! If the issue persists, please move on to Fix 2, below.
Fix 2: Install an older version of IRST driver
According to Microsoft official statement, you can also try installing the 184.108.40.2064 version of IRST driver to resolve the problem.
Here is how to download and install the 220.127.116.114 version:
1) Go to Intel® RST driver version 18.104.22.1684.
2) In Available Downloads, depending on whether you have an OptaneMemory on your computer:
- If no, you do not have an OptaneMemory, choose SetupRST.exe
- If yes, you have an OptaneMemory: choose SetupOptaneMemory.exe.
3) In the Intel Software License Agreement popup, read the agreement and click I accept the terms in the license agreement to start the download.
4) Once the file is downloaded on your computer, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions on the wizard to install the driver.
5) Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
6) Check to see if the isStorA.sys problem has been fixed.
Hopefully you have successfully resolved the Windows 10 update error by now. If you have any ideas, questions or suggestions, please leave us a comment below. Thanks for reading!