iaStorA.sys Blue Screen of Death in Your Windows 10/8/7? Try These Fixes!
Does your computer keep blue screening on you lately with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys) or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (iaStorA.sys)?
You’re not alone.
But don’t worry, check out the 2 fixes below and your PC will be running as good as new in no time!
Try these fixes
Both fixes below work for Windows 10, 8 and 7. You may not have to try both; just work your way down until you get rid of this iaStorA.sys failed blue screen of death problem.
This iaStorA.sys failed problem is mostly associated with the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology), a windows-based app for enhanced computer performance (which involves incorrect use of IRST drivers to be more specific). So first we can try uninstalling them to see if it helps resolve the issue.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Double-click on IDE ATA/ATAPI. Then right-click on EVERY ITEM below and click Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer and keep track of your PC to see if the Blue Screen of Death(BSoD) issue disappears.
If uninstalling the IRST drivers fails to solve the iaStorA.sys blue sreen problem, then chances are high that you have the corrupted/outdated/faulty drivers. So we might have to have the latest IRST drivers installed to further troubleshoot the problem.
There’re two ways you can update your device drivers — manually or automatically:
Update your drivers manually – To fix the BSoD issue, you can update all IRST drivers manually ONE BY ONE until you pin down the exact driver at fault. Firstly you’ll have to go to the manufacturer’s website, search for the most recent correct driver for the devices. Be sure to choose only drivers that are compatible with your variant of Windows system versions. Then download & update them all by yourself.
Update your drivers automatically – Updating all the drivers manually is no picnic. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can also click Update to do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
4) Restart your computer and hopefully everything goes off without a hitch on your computer.
That’s it – two easy ways to help you get rid of the nasty blue screen of death (iaStorA.sys failed) problem. Hope the article serves its purpose and feel free to drop us a comment below if you have any further questions or ideas to share with us. 🙂