If you want to save Instagram videos that you post, that’s as easy as pie. But when you come across fantastic videos posted by others, what should you do? Don’t worry, This post will show you how to save Instagram videos.
How to save videos from Instagram
- Save Instagram videos posted by your account
- Save Instagram videos on web browsers
- Save Instagram videos in your mobile device
Method 1: Save Instagram videos posted by your account
After posting videos on Instagram, you may want to save it into your camera roll. This is easy. Follow the steps below:
1) On the Instagram home page, tap the Camera icon on the upper left.
2) Tap the live button, then edit your live video.
3) Before posting, tap the download button to save the video into your computer.
Then you should see the posted video in your camera roll.
If this method doesn’t work for you, or if you want to save other videos on Instagram, don’t worry. There is something else to try.
Method 2: Save Instagram videos on web browsers
Saving Instagram videos from the web browsers is easy as well. There are two ways to download Instagram videos from web:
Way 1: Manually save Instagram videos from web browsers
You can manually download and save Instagram videos on web browsers, which takes time and computer skills.
1) Open your web browser and go to the page where the Instagram video is.
2) Right click on the empty area on the page, then click Inspect. The right-click context menu is different on different web browsers, such as Inspect element or Show Page Source.
3) You’ll see a new pane showing the source code on the page. Press the Ctrl and F keys (for Windows) or CMD and F keys (for Mac).
4) Type mp4 on the field for searching, then press the Enter key or Return key to search.
5) The search content will be highlighted. Usually you can find your search content “mp4” in a URL.
6) Copy the first URL containing “mp4”.
7) Paste the copied URL into the address bar in a new tab on your web browser.
8) The video should load. Then you can download the video into your computer and save it.
Way 2: Automatically save Instagram videos from browsers
If you don’t have the time or patience, you can automatically download the Instagram videos and save it into your computer.
This is where video downloaders come in. You can search on the Internet and choose the one with good reviews. Or you can try VideoProc.
1) Download and install VideoProc in your computer.
2) Run VideoProc and click Downloader.
3) Click Add Video.
4) Open the Instagram video that you want to download in your web browser, and copy the URL of that Instagram video from the address bar.
5) Paste the URL into VideoProc, then click Analyze.
6) Check and make settings for the added video. Then click Download Selected Videos.
7) Click Download Now and the software will save the video for you.
8) Open the path where you saved your downloaded video and enjoy it.
This is easy, isn’t it?!
If you want to save Instagram videos in your mobile device, check the next method.
Method 3: Save Instagram videos in your mobile device
If you want save your videos posted to Instagram, you can check Method 1 to see how to do it. If you want to download others’ videos from Instagram and save it into your phone, you can do that with a Instagram video downloader.
There are many video download tools for mobile devices. You can just search the downloader in the app store on your device (such as Google Play or App Store), then follow the provided instructions.
Here we take a video downloader on Android device as an example:
1) Download an Instagram video downloader in your device.
2) Open Instagram, find the video that you want to save.
3) Tap the three dots on the right for that video post.
4) Tap Copy Link.
5) Open the video downloader software in your device.
6) Paste the copied URL for the video.
7) The software will load the video you want to save. Then download it into your device.
Hope this post helps in saving videos from Instagram in different circumstances. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment below.