Having Lethal Company not launching for you on your computer? Don’t worry, you’re definitely not alone: it’s happened to many other gamers as well. Here we have gathered some of the most effective fixes that’ll help to tackle the Lethal Company not launching problem for you. Read on and see how you can get this problem fixed.
Try these fixes for the Lethal Company not launching problem
You don’t have to try all the following fixes: simply work your way down the list until you find the one that does the trick to fix the Lethal Company not launching problem for you.
- Check the system requirements
- Verify the integrity of game files
- Modify the compatibility settings
- Update graphics card driver
- Reinstall the game
- Increase virtual memory
- Check the system crash logs
- Repair system files
1. Check the system requirements
In general, Lethal Company has rather high requirements for your computer processor, especially when compared to other games. So if Lethal Company isn’t launching on your computer, the first thing you need to check is whether your machine meets the minimum system requirements for the game. If your machine is below or just at the requirements, you may need to upgrade your hardware for Lethal Company to run smoothly.
Here are the requirements for your reference:
|Windows 10 (64-bit)
|Windows 10/11 (64-bit)
|Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz ; Shader Model 5
|Intel Core i5-9400F
|4 GB RAM
|8 GB RAM
|NVIDIA GForce GTX 1050
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
|1 GB available space
|1 GB available space
|Broadband Internet connection
|Broadband Internet connection
If you’re not sure how to check your computer specs, you can press the Windows key and the R key on your computer at the same time, then type msinfo32 to check your system specs in detail:
When you’re sure that your machine meets the system requirements to run the game, but Lethal Company is still not launching for you, please move on to the other fixes below.
2. Verify the integrity of game files
Corrupted or missing files will stop your Lethal Company from running or launching as well. To see if this is the case, you can verify your game files on Steam in this way:
- Launch Steam.
- In the LIBRARY, right-click on Lethal Company and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Installed Files tab and click on the Verified integrity of game files button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
When the verification process is done, try to launch Lethal Company again to see if it launches well this time. If the problem remains, please move on.
3. Modify the compatibility settings
Other than corrupted game files, incorrect system compatibility settings could also be the culprit to the Lethal Company not launching problem, and you can try to modify these settings to see if they help Lethal Company to launch. To do so:
- Right-click your Steam icon and select Properties.
- Then tick the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for: then select Windows 8 from the dropdown list.
- Select the Compatibility tab. Tick the boxes for Run this program as an administrator and Disable fullscreen optimizations. Then click Apply > OK to save the changes.
- After that, select Change high DPI settings.
- Tick the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then click OK.
Now try to open Lethal Company again (it should be opened with proper system permission), to see if it launches well. If the problem still remains, please move on to the next fix.
4. Update graphics card driver
An outdated or incorrect display card driver could also be the culprit to your Lethal Company not launching problem, so if the above methods don’t help Lethal Company to launch, it’s likely that you have a corrupted or outdated graphics driver. So you should update your drivers to see if it helps.
There are mainly 2 ways you can update your graphics driver: manually or automatically.
Option 1: Update your graphics driver manually
If you’re a tech-savvy gamer, you can spend some time updating your GPU driver manually.
To do so, first visit the website of your GPU manufacturer:
Then search for your GPU model. Note that you should only download the latest driver installer that’s compatible with your operating system. Once downloaded, open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to update.
Option 2: Update your graphics driver automatically (Recommended)
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing. Driver Easy handles it all.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system. (This requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
Note: You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Try to launch Lethal Company again and see if the latest graphics driver helps it to launch. If this fix doesn’t work for you, try the next fix, below.
5. Reinstall the game
According to some community users, if Lethal company doens’t launch for you, it’s probably becuase of some outdated mods, or mods conflicting with each other. To fix this problem, you can choose to reinstall Lethal Comapany and the installed mods altogether.
To uninstall Lethal Company from Steam:
- Launch Steam.
- Go to Library > Games, right-click Lethal Company and select Manage > Uninstall > Uninstall to remove it from your computer.
- Then go to the Steam folder on your computer, try to locate the files for Lethal Company there (which is usually found via this path: Steam/steamapps/common/Lethal Company), then remove all files there.
- Reinstall Lethal Company on Steam again.
Then try to launch Lethal Company and see if it launches well this time. If the problem remains, please move on.
6. Increase virtual memory
When Lethal Company doesn’t launch, it’s probably due to limited RAM space on your computer. To see if this is your case, you can try to increase the virtual memory to allow more RAM resource for the game to run. To do so:
- In the Search box, type advanced system settings. Then click View advanced system settings from the list of results.
- Under the Advanced tab, click Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and then click Change….
- Uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select your C drive and then tick Custom size.
- Type in the values for Initial size and Maximum size. Then click OK to save the changes.
- (Tips: Microsoft recommends that the virtual memory you set is no less than 1.5 times and no more than 3 times the size of your RAM. To check RAM on Windows, follow the instructions below. )
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R keys simultaneously to invoke the Run box.
- Type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
- Scroll down and look for the Installed Physical Memory (RAM) entry.
1 GB (Gigabyte) = 1000 MB (Megabyte)
So in my case, the recommended initial size is: 8 GB * 1000 * 1.5 = 12000 MB
For the recommended maximum size, it will be: 8 GB * 1000 * 3 = 24000 MB
After increasing the page file size, try to launch Lethal Company to see if it works now. If the problem still remains, you may need more specific troubleshooting by checking the system crash logs. To know how to do it, please move on to the next method.
7. Check the system crash logs
If your Lethal Company still refuses to launch at this stage, and you’re still inclined to do the further troubleshooting by yourself, you can try to analyze the crash logs created by your computer when the crashes happened.
If you’re interested in knowing more about analyzing your crash logs files, please refer to method 2 in this post we have: How to Check Crash Logs on Windows: View Crash Logs with Event Viewer
You should then find some error codes and/or error messages in your Event Viewer that might help. The codes or messages you see on your computer might be unique in your case, so we don’t have more general fixes here to suggest. But if you do find such codes or error messages, you can always search them on our knowledge base here: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/ for further troubleshooting tips.
8. Repair system files
If you are facing persistent issues and none of the previous solutions have proven effective, it’s possible that your corrupted system files are to blame. To rectify this, repairing the system files becomes crucial. The System File Checker (SFC) tool can assist you in this process. By executing the “sfc /scannow” command, you can initiate a scan that identifies problems and repairs missing or corrupted system files. However, it is important to note that the SFC tool primarily focuses on scanning major files and may overlook minor issues.
In situations where the SFC tool falls short, a more powerful and specialized Windows repair tool is recommended. Fortect is an automated Windows repair tool that excels in identifying problematic files and replacing malfunctioning ones. By scanning your PC comprehensively, Fortect can provide a more comprehensive and effective solution for repairing your Windows system.
Repairing corrupted or damaged system files could help fix performance issues like high latency, high ping and lagging issues in Counter-Strike 2. This is because the integrity of Windows system files are essential for proper operation and stability, while Errors in critical system files can cause crashes, freezes, and problems that affect gaming performance.
By repairing the core Windows system files, it may resolve conflicts, missing DLL issues, registry errors, and other problems that contribute to instability and lag in CS2. Tools like Fortect can automate the repair process by scanning system files and replacing corrupted ones.
- Download and install Fortect.
- Open Fortect. It will run a free scan of your PC and give you a detailed report of your PC status.
- Once finished, you’ll see a report showing all the issues. To fix all the issues automatically, click Start Repair (You’ll need to purchase the full version. It comes with a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee so you can refund anytime if Fortect doesn’t fix your problem).
Thanks for reading the post. Hope one of the methods above helps Lethal Company to launch for you. If you have other working suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment below.