With this magical Linksys Wireless USB 6300, you may never have to worry about a slow network or weak WiFi signals anymore. However, sometime it can drive you crazy when your computer fails to load the USB controllers. Don’t worry, it’s just a matter of outdated driver. To fix it, you can update your Linksys WUSB6300 driver.
How to Update Linksys WUSB6300 Driver?
There are two ways you can update your Linksys WUSB6300 driver:
- Option 1 – Manually – You’ll need some computer skills and patience to update your drivers this way, because you need to find exactly the right the driver online, download it and install it step by step.
- Option 2 – Automatically (Recommended) – This is the quickest and easiest option. It’s all done with just a couple of mouse clicks – easy even if you’re a computer newbie.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Linksys keeps updating drivers. To get them, you need to go to the Linksys website, find the drivers corresponding with your specific flavor of Windows version and system type (for example, Windows 10 64 bit) and download the driver manually.
1) Go to Linksys Support Page and type WUSB6300 in the box and select Linksys WUSB6300 AC1200 Wireless-AC USB Adapter.
2) Click DOWNLOADS/FIRMWARE.
3) Click Version 1.0 to expand the drop-down list and download the correct driver according to your system type.
If you don’t have a Pause/Break key on your keyboard, you can right click This PC or My Computer and select Properties.
4) Once you’ve downloaded the correct Linksys WUSB6300 driver for your system, double click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
5) Your computer may need a restart for the changes to take effect.
Option 2 – Automatically update Linksys WUSB6300 driver
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the Linksys WUSB6300 driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click Update All to automatically download and install your Linksys WUSB6300 driver and the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All. You get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee.)
Note: You can do it free if you like, but it’s partially manual.
4) Restart your computer for the change to take effect.
There you go – two simple methods to update your Linksys WUSB6300 driver. Feel free to drop us a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.