If you see this Miracast: not supported by graphics driver error from DxDiag? Don’t worry, it’s usually not hard to fix at all…
Fixes for Miracast: not supported by graphics driver
All the fixes below work both in Windows 10 and 8. You may not have to try all of them; just work down the list until the problem is resolved.
- Roll back your graphics card driver to a previous version
- Insert a Miracast adapter
- Update your Miracast adapter driver
Some graphics cards manufacturers have cut support for Miracast. So we might have to roll back the drivers to a previous version so that Miracast works. To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then copy & paste devmgmt.msc into the box and click OK.
- Locate and double-click on Display adapters (aka. graphics card, video card) to expand it.
- Click the Driver tab > Roll Back Driver.
- Click Yes if asked for confirmation. Then the driver will be restored to a previous version.
- Restart you computer and see if Miracast works properly on your computer.
It’s also possible that the device you’re streaming content to doesn’t support Miracast. But don’t worry – if that’s the case, you need to do to enable Miracast is to plug in a Miracast adapter, such as a Microsoft Wireless Display adapter, into an HDMI port on your display device.
Check if Miracast works properly as should right now. If yes, then congrats! But if the problem still persists, then move on to Fix 3, below.
This error may also occur when you have a corrupt/outdated Miracast adapter driver. So you should update your Miracast adapter driver to see if it fixes your problem. If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update the driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to be troubled by the wrong driver you would be downloading, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 steps (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- You can upgrade to the Pro version and click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of ALL the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
You can do it for free if you like, but it’s partly manual.
- Restart your computer and see if this Miracast: not supported by graphics driver error message has been sorted.
That’s it – 3 tried and tested methods to help fix your Miracast: not supported by graphics driver error. Hope this helps and feel free to comment below if you have any other further questions. ?